Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Free Upgrade

Options
  • 07-12-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Last month I actually read some of the leaflets accompanying my bill from UPC and discovered I could ask for a free b/band upgrade. I only had a 1MB line so the upgrade to 3MB was quite attractive. Faster P2P ! :D A month later I'm still waiting for the upgrade, having supplied speedtest screen shots proving I'm still only receiving 1MB and being promised investigation/action on my non-upgrade. I hate the way these people never tell you the truth of whats going on and you only find out via places like this board. I just know there's some technical issue they're not telling me about.
    Anyone else experienced problems getting their b/band 'free upgrade' from UPC ?
    Friends in N.Ireland get ten times the speed at a fraction of the price - when will this feckin country get wired !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

how did you apply for the free upgrade? you have to use the online form and agree to another 12 month contract.. i did it last week went from 3 to 10mg and it took 2 days

http://www.upc.ie/contact/upgradebroadband/

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

great wrote: »
    how did you apply for the free upgrade? you have to use the online form and agree to another 12 month contract.. i did it last week went from 3 to 10mg and it took 2 days

http://www.upc.ie/contact/upgradebroadband/

Um, I think I employed the touchy feely approach. I rang 'em up and
    threatened a bomb attack if they didn't upgrade me, like...yesterday.
    Are you suggesting my approach was inappropriate ? In my experience
    overwhelming force and threats is all they understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

I also used the online form that they have up and i was upgraded about the same time 2-3 days later!!

Give it a try it should work, if not, then wage war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Macondo

I applied for the free upgrade from 3MB to 10MB. I pay by direct debit and in my last bill was charged for the 'FREE' upgrade.

When I queried this I was informed I had requested to move up to 10MB broadband and this was €32 a month.

I have told them to cancel immediatley, but just to let you know keep an eye on your bills!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Free upgrade was from 6MB to 10MB, IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Macondo wrote: »
    I applied for the free upgrade from 3MB to 10MB. I pay by direct debit and in my last bill was charged for the 'FREE' upgrade.

When I queried this I was informed I had requested to move up to 10MB broadband and this was €32 a month.

I have told them to cancel immediatley, but just to let you know keep an eye on your bills!!
    If your previous bill was €22 you were being charged at the new rate for the 3Mb service previously it was €30. Its only for the people who had signed up to the original 3Mb package that could upgrade for free. It applied to 1Mb to 3Mb, 3Mb to 10Mb and 6Mb to 20Mb.

Advertisement