Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flair flocked saddles

Options
  • 07-12-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

i bought a second hand saddle in the summer from a girl who was selling it and it looks to me as if it may have lost some of its "puffiness" and may need reflocking if thats even possible

i texted her to ask her where she got it done and no response :mad:

i googled flair flocking and it seems the only person in ireland who does it is in armagh

does anyone know of anywhere else??

Comments

Sorry - I know of no one who uses this system.

Perhaps given Berney Bros or Holmestead a ring and see what they say? They may know someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

Is it a Wow saddle? Niall Quirke used to be the agent for them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 greeneyes13

thanks, im not sure its any sort of a saddle although it does have a make i cant recall seing wow or anything like that on it

its def Flair flocked as i can see the flair tab when i turn it upside down and clean it, ive called goodwins in mulhuddart and am waiting on a call back

ill let you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

There is a saddler-guy who mends leather/saddles/bridles in the Kildare area. I'll look up his name/number for you. I just can't think of it now. But, he travels around the country, esp to riding schools and largers yards, and mends saddles, leathers/bridles etc - reason i know this is cos when he came to Mullingar in the summer i got him to tidy up the stitching on 2 saddles i have. I'll contact a friend of mine who has his number, i'm not sure if he does what you're looking for him to do, but its worth a shot. He did a great job on my saddles though. I think he's from Newbridge??? I'll get back to you on it though, I know he's very well known though!

Advertisement