Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tax exemption enquiry

• 07-12-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

i hope someone can assist me or at offer a little clarification.

i have been updating my details on ROS for previous tax years and found out I can get one parent benefit and rent relief on the 2007 tax year. now a week later i my details seem to have been updated to inlcude both but also include a tax exemption.

my salary isn't under the minimal limit, i am not an artist and haven't been selling horses or greyhounds so have no idea what this could be.

i am english and have been here since beginning of 2006 but no amount of trawling through the revenue website has offered any help.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Ring them first thing in the morning. If its an error get them to fix it. If they make an error it will not stop them chasing you for the money in years to come so best have it sorted out now.

If it turns out you are supposed to get it then at least you can take it with an easy mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

matt cork wrote: »
    i hope someone can assist me or at offer a little clarification.

i have been updating my details on ROS for previous tax years and found out I can get one parent benefit and rent relief on the 2007 tax year. now a week later i my details seem to have been updated to inlcude both but also include a tax exemption.

my salary isn't under the minimal limit, i am not an artist and haven't been selling horses or greyhounds so have no idea what this could be.

i am english and have been here since beginning of 2006 but no amount of trawling through the revenue website has offered any help.

any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Is the tax exemption only on for one year or was it on for the previous year also? The amount of the exemption, is your income below it? It also depends on your personal status i.e single, married etc..
    As the previous poster stated, you are better off to ring them and see. If you have other income (apart from paye) and it is over €3520 then it is not the 1890 you ring but your local office and ask for the self assessing unit.:)

Advertisement