Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Major TV choice help needed !!!!

• 07-12-2008 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Need to buy a nice big LCD/plasma TV SOMEWHERE this week as moving into new house at the weekend. I've tried Komplett's consumer interaction board but to no avail. Anyone know what TV to go for that I can go somewhere and buy this week?? Wanted the Samsung 46 inch 6 series. Thanks. Getting desperate here!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

Whats your budget, max/min size, features wanted? Whats it going to used for? Sky, NTL, Sky HD. 360, PS3, etc, etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

power city have the 5 for 1270 and 7 series in 46" for 2200 on their website. the have a 6 in 52" for 2250........... i got a philips
    42pfl7603 a few weeks ago and they matched the online price instore. you could try did too, (their website is useless) or an expert store if you are not close to dublin, they may match a power city price if it would make a sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

52 inch Sony bravia full HD X-series(i think) its only around €6000 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Just upgraded the TV myself 2 weeks ago. Got 40" Bravia W4500 on Sony's offer. What helped sell it over any other brand was the 5 year warranty. Adds that extra bit of piece of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

What price and where?

• Advertisement

cheerspal wrote: »
    What price and where?

Sony centre Athlone. 40W4500 with free bluray+ 5 bluray discs (kids will be kept happy!!!!) €1499. Just got extended warranty in post this morning.
    Offer is on til Christmas eve. Was going to wait till new year sale, but the extended warranty wouldn't be included then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

patpark121 wrote: »
    Sony centre Athlone. 40W4500 with free bluray+ 5 bluray discs (kids will be kept happy!!!!) €1499. Just got extended warranty in post this morning.
    Offer is on til Christmas eve. Was going to wait till new year sale, but the extended warranty wouldn't be included then.

What BluRay player did it come with?

What BluRay player did it come with?

Sony's entry level BDP S350. Not a bad little thing.

Advertisement