Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Res Skips

Options
  • 07-12-2008 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else living on res, ever noticed old grannies sneaking onto res, backing-up to the skips and unloading the boot, while looking around trying to make sure no one can see them? It's quite funny. I don't think they realise that anyone in their bedrooms next to those skips, with the blinds up, can see them clearly.
    However, it's clear they shouldn't be dumping their rubbish there - the skips are provided for residents only. Usually I wouldn't mind - but they try their best to be so mission impossible about it and fail miserably, so I really like opening the window and just shouting out "Hey!" and then hiding where they can't see me, but I can still see them and the look of utter bemusement is hilarious.
    Kind of want to shout out something new though - any suggestions?
    I'm not trying to be mean or offensive so no vulgar suggestions - sometimes the internet takes a few minutes to start working and shouting at skip users passes the time nicely. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

:haha, I'm in 11 so I haven't seen them, but Centra was full of old people last night which was really weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bearded1

If only there was some sort of gate system to keep these freeloaders out..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

bearded1 wrote: »
    If only there was some sort of gate system to keep these freeloaders out..... ;)

That's funny - even if I'm completely against gates.
    Good news is - latest I've heard is that they don't intend to put the gates into operation until September at the earliest, which is good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Why dont you run up behind them and shout as loud as you can. See how many grannies dont have a heart attack. And the ones that do can be easily disposed of in the skip. Happy times for all.

Grimes wrote: »
    Why dont you run up behind them and shout as loud as you can. See how many grannies dont have a heart attack. And the ones that do can be easily disposed of in the skip. Happy times for all.

In theory, it's genius, but to put it into practice would involve going outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

If i were you, I would probably go through the rubbish (or pay some polish bird to do it) to find an envelope/letter with her address on it.

I would then drive to her gaf, proceed to take a sh1t on her frontdoor step and leave a strongly worded letter not to touch my skip again.

If this doesnt work, PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

That's funny - even if I'm completely against gates.
    Good news is - latest I've heard is that they don't intend to put the gates into operation until September at the earliest, which is good news.
    :eek: That's the best news ever. Are your sources good?

33% God wrote: »
    :eek: That's the best news ever. Are your sources good?

Yes, quite good.

Advertisement