Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get someone hooked? Golf lessons in Athlone or Roscommon

Options
  • 07-12-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for golf lessons for a complete beginner in the Athlone/Roscommon town area.

I'd like to get my father into golf, I'm thinking of getting him lessons as a Christmas present, any advice on getting a retiree into golf?
    He's very very active and has just been retired this year, I think golf would be perfect but the old timers still see golf as being for nobs, also it's hard get the older ones interested in trying new things.
    Is it too late to start and are there any membership deals for retirees?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Hi,
    i have numbers at home of two pros who give lessons in Athlone. Am not going home from work tonight (Christmas Party!!) so will get them for you some time tomorrow.

Glasson & Hodson Bay in Athlone are very difficuly courses for beginners so he should try Roscommon / Moate / Ballinasloe for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

thanks Charlie that'd be great.
    I've played Mount Temple and Moate myself alright, they're handy enough.

Any ideas on how to get him involved, maybe finding golf partners to play with during the week?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

PM just sent there.

Advertisement