Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 or Sony Ericsson C905

• 07-12-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Contract up on Meteor and thinking of getting either the Nokia N95 or Sony Ericsson C905. Which would be the best? Like them for wifi and camera.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DonFred wrote: »
    Contract up on Meteor and thinking of getting either the Nokia N95 or Sony Ericsson C905. Which would be the best? Like them for wifi and camera.

in terms of a camera, its an easy choice

n95 only 5mp and c905 8mp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

More megapixels does not always equal better photographs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

More megapixels does not always equal better photographs.

do you have a c905

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

I heard bad things about the c905, tricky to text due to weight at top when slider is open and that would put me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Video on the N95 far superior to the SE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

nokia all the way bud

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

seanybiker wrote: »
    nokia all the way bud

Some people just buy Nokia because it's what they are used to.
    Sony Ericcson have been superior to Nokia (euro for euro) in terms of build quality and UI for about 5 years now IMHO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Have seen similar pictures taken with both, indoor nighttime in a nightclub. C905 took the better pics by far. 2 lads have n95 and 1 got the c905 just before xmas. N95 lads are always goin on about how they have the same problems while c905 guy sits back and grins.
    Have you considered the 5800 nokia xpress. Pic still better on the c905, but jus incase you overlooked that one at upgrade time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Going to upgrade for one of the two myself next month after deciding the Renoir is just not for me. I think the c905 is edging after trying it out the other day.

Has anyone tried the n96 any opinions? It has a worse battery and processor than n95 is that correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Stay away from Nokia N96, I got one for Xmas but bought it back. Now have the Nokia N95 8gb and its fantastic. Best phone I had to date. Camera is excellent pic are bright and clear even shots i took in pubs at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I would agree with the above comments regarding the picture quality on the N95. Couldn't recommend one highly enough. Unfortunately I have no experience of the SE so can't draw a comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

My mate had the c905. I have the n95 8gig. From what I've seen I'm happier with my n95. So I would suggest the n95 based on that. No real complaints about it any more. DOes everything it says, wide range of applications and good specs.

Advertisement