Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Great Games Reminder

Options
  • 07-12-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

As you may know, nominations are now being submitted for the game awards. Each category asks for only 2 games per user to be submitted. Fair enough... keeps things more manageable.

This restriction is causing me headaches in one category in particular:

PS2: Legacy Award - Best PS2 Game Ever Nominations

Them be a lot of games to consider so... thought it might be a good idea set up a thread to remind people of some games they might have forgotten about. I'm not sure that 'most memorable' necessarily equates to 'best'when it comes to games.

I'll start the thread off with some games I'm deciding between:

- Shadow of The Colossus
    - Gitaroo Man
    - Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly
    - Mashed: Fully Loaded
    - God of War
    - Katamari Damacy

Some other choices to consider might include:

- GTA series
    - Metal Gear Solid series
    - Okami
    - God Hand
    - Final Fantasy series
    - Gradius V
    - Psychonauts
    - ICO
    - Gran Turismo
    - Guitar Hero
    - Frequency

Some of the above have already been suggested in the nominations thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, had a bit of a difficult time choosing the 2 games for that category... Katamari doesn't seem to be getting any love so far:(

If you haven't nominated anything yet, please consider going for something more left of field, rather than yet another nomination for MGS3 etc (not saying that it's a bad game, just that it already has enough nominations to secure a place for itself)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was thinking about it after I nominated and suddenly Katamari popped into my head. That is probably my favourite game ever, and forgot to nominate (and now can't edit) :(. Luckily tman got in first, so hopefully it will be put up for vote. Glad to get a place for Ico though - too much Shadow of the Collossus love ;)

But it was a very strong console - picking two was indeed hard. Had to dismiss multiplatform games - Beyond Good and Evil, Sands of Time etc.. - and even then there is a lot of great exclusives. I hope the opportunity comes up to vote for Persona 3 somewhere too, because that is probably the best RPG of the year but won't fit into specific platform categories.

But yeah, one hard choice. So... many... games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Add Persona 3: FES & VF4:evo to the list.

And give the award to SotC, it's practically won already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there's alot of love there for MGS3 aswell, which is surprising I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

MGS3, although not the story I was hoping for when I bought it (I was hoping for for continuations of 2's story), was succinct, sharp and less ambitious than 2's. The fact it was set in the past also helpted Konamo tell a better story in my book.

Ashemaed to say I still haven't played SOC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That is probably my favourite game ever, and forgot to nominate (and now can't edit) :(.

I think its a safe bet. Sorry about the 2 nomination rule... I knew it would be a tough one!

I can change one of your nominations if you want, Johnny... I haven't tallied any of the nominations yet, so its not too late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr E wrote: »
    I can change one of your nominations if you want, Johnny... I haven't tallied any of the nominations yet, so its not too late.

Cheers, if you could change MGS to We <3 Katamari that would be great. Deserves a nomination at least :)

Advertisement