Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A month or so on.. Should I buy the game?

Options
  • 07-12-2008 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My finger is hovering over the buy now button on steam. I'm just wondering if the game is a disaster as some have said, in terms of bugs and activation etc.

Are others happy with the game having played it? I'm not sure whether to buy it or not.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It's fine now with the patch. The problem was that it had a problem at release so there was so many people trying to fix it.
    You'd be fine now.
    I'd definitely recommend it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thanks! Is the download option worth doing to avoid the christmas madness in shops or is it a more expensive option?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I have a patch applied and its crashing more often now that I'm in my second season, good game but save it often

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Good game. My only problem is that it's too easy.

Good game. My only problem is that it's too easy.

Explain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

:eek: Yeh, explain...

It's just about the hardest FM game i've ever played.

Or maybe ive got stupider :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Out of all things it defo ain't easy.

Still not 100% happy with it but I'd still recommend buying it.

Must be me so. I have played these games since I was 12 (CM99).

The save game I have now is with Liverpool. I came 2nd first season and won the league for the next 2 years. I have 6 players all with world class listed in the profiles.

I developed 2 tactics which are nearly unbeatable. I have used the same tactics with each release since CM4 tweaking them slightly with each new release. My friends even ask to me to send them the files. Not really the games fault I suppose.

I think it's also too easy to buy/sell players. Sold Pennant for 17m (Man City), Keane for 30m (Man City), Dossena for 10m (Sunderland), Fabio 15m (Man City), and many other excess baggage for nice fees. I don't want to spoil the game for you, but at the end of the first season you can pick up 3 world class rated players for a combined 30m. The amount of wonderkids in the game is also insane. Sold Babel for 38m as well to Arsenal.

Like I said I have 6 World class rated players with one forced to the bench to facilitate two other World class players. I have 9 wonderkids coming through with 3 of them 7 star rated potential.

If you want a guide to this amazing team and more tricks then I can post more info?

If you want a guide to this amazing team and more tricks then I can post more info?

Post away!

Ok I shall start a new thread and have it up in a while.

• Advertisement

This may not be done until tomorrow, but I'm making it extremely detailed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭omgiluvxmas

i want to get this for my bro but i dont think the graphics card he has is good enough. would it still work?

i want to get this for my bro but i dont think the graphics card he has is good enough. would it still work?

How are we supposed to know if you don't tell us what the graphics card is? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

This may not be done until tomorrow, but I'm making it extremely detailed.

heh, I love detailed FM guides. the more the merrier I say! try to aim for 10,000 words! :pac:

heh, I love detailed FM guides. the more the merrier I say! try to aim for 10,000 words! :pac:

I will try to make Homer's Odyssey look like a short story.

That crappy 3d engine, for some stange reason, requires a mid range graphics card.

That crappy 3d engine, for some stange reason, requires a mid range graphics card.

I know, it's really weird. my 8400GSm runs Bioshock better than FM09. that shouldn't be...

I know it's insane.

I won't be able to post my thing until Wednesday night. I have an exam tomorrow and Wednesday. Damn college!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was going to buy it after my exams. My hard drive is now broken, leaving me with no Football Manager:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I would definitely agree that it's a tougher challenge than older versions. Some of my surefire tactics from older games have failed on this one. I haven't reached my ridculous successes of FM07 so far. :(

I haven't got into it too much yet. I've a few assignments to do but I'll be off college from the 19th of December to the 20th of January so there'll be plenty of time to work on it.

I do enjoy the game and I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Don't to it. It will consume your life. No seriously, I had previous games and they must have taken up two years of my four years at uni. Join the gym or something and put your time to much better use.

• Advertisement

MattKane wrote: »
    Don't to it. It will consume your life. No seriously, I had previous games and they must have taken up two years of my four years at uni. Join the gym or something and put your time to much better use.

quitter

quitter

Hermit :pac:

MattKane wrote: »
    Hermit :pac:

:p

although, sadly it's more work related these days as oppposed to FM. :(

:p

although, sadly it's more work related these days as oppposed to FM. :(

I feel your pain. That's how FM and I went separate ways.

I know it's insane.

I won't be able to post my thing until Wednesday night. I have an exam tomorrow and Wednesday. Damn college!

No guide?
    Funny that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I developed 2 tactics which are nearly unbeatable. I have used the same tactics with each release since CM4 tweaking them slightly with each new release. My friends even ask to me to send them the files. Not really the games fault I suppose.

I think it's also too easy to buy/sell players. Sold Pennant for 17m (Man City), Keane for 30m (Man City), Dossena for 10m (Sunderland), Fabio 15m (Man City), and many other excess baggage for nice fees. I don't want to spoil the game for you, but at the end of the first season you can pick up 3 world class rated players for a combined 30m. The amount of wonderkids in the game is also insane. Sold Babel for 38m as well to Arsenal.

Like I said I have 6 World class rated players with one forced to the bench to facilitate two other World class players. I have 9 wonderkids coming through with 3 of them 7 star rated potential.

Yea, the buying and selling thing is abit of a joke tbh but maybe it reflects the EPL quite well.

I'm Celtic and I am able to sell players into the EPL for inflated prices quite easily for my backup players

I also have several potential wonderkids ( probably never get that tag in the SPL) but maybe its harder to fully develop them or something??

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yea, the buying and selling thing is abit of a joke tbh but maybe it reflects the EPL quite well.

I'm Celtic and I am able to sell players into the EPL for inflated prices quite easily for my backup players

I also have several potential wonderkids ( probably never get that tag in the SPL) but maybe its harder to fully develop them or something??

Well developing players depends on getting 7 star coaches and your training facilities.

P.S My guide is still under construction. 4000 words and counting :)

Well developing players depends on getting 7 star coaches and your training facilities.

not to mention the training schedule has to be tweaked to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

P.S My guide is still under construction. 4000 words and counting :)

I have 7 star senior and youth training and im upgrading my training facilties to state of the art.

I wish we were given a timeframe for the upgrade of training grounds like the stadium because I had this upgrade approved in the summer and I just asked for it again and all I get is that it has been already been approved.

When will I have my training ground!! :mad::D

Look forward to reading your guide (I assume you are going to share it for free :pac:

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    I have 7 star senior and youth training and im upgrading my training facilties to state of the art.

I wish we were given a timeframe for the upgrade of training grounds like the stadium because I had this upgrade approved in the summer and I just asked for it again and all I get is that it has been already been approved.

When will I have my training ground!! :mad::D

Look forward to reading your guide (I assume you are going to share it for free :pac:

Well they will tell you when it's started and when it's finished. From experience that it usually takes 6 months.

Yes the guide will be free for all to see. Any areas you would like more info on?

Believe it or not leninbenjamin the default training regime is more then adequate, but you can tweak with the sliders as well to improve it if you wish.

Advertisement