Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help with my globalization essay!!

Options
  • 07-12-2008 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey.

I'm currently right in the middle (in terms of word count) with an essay that is due tomorrow. I lost 1000 words last night on my laptop, hence why I am behind.

Anyway, the question is: "Globalisation is too vague a term to hold any analytical meaning or intellectual value’. Do you agree?"
    I have so far done the intro, then I did 3 paragraphs on the hyperglobalist, sceptics& transformationalist point of view.[/FONT][/SIZE]

But what else can I talk about?? I am really stuck.

I would appreciate some help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wtf has that got to do with Politics?!

Off to Humanities with ya, or better yet, do your own work on the essay. You'll get more satisfaction out of it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 blahblah89

Probably because I do a politics degree.

I'm not asking someone to do my essay, I'm asking for help in terms of ideas. And you're not helping- so don't bother leaving stupid comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I'm not going to help with your essay here but I do agree that the term is too vague and generalised to have any useful meaning.

Thanks. ^^ But what points could I raise in terms of that argument that it is too vague to have any maning etc??

So far I have said it isn't too vague because there has been the hyperglobalist, sceptics and transformationalist point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

blahblah89 wrote: »
    Probably because I do a politics degree.

I'm not asking someone to do my essay, I'm asking for help in terms of ideas. And you're not helping- so don't bother leaving stupid comments.

And you've come up with some idea's yourself, what's to stop you coming up with more?

Pure laziness I'd hazard a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

blahblah89 wrote: »
    Thanks. ^^ But what points could I raise in terms of that argument that it is too vague to have any maning etc??

So far I have said it isn't too vague because there has been the hyperglobalist, sceptics and transformationalist point of view.
    I was agreeing with the initial statement "Globalisation is too vague a term to hold any analytical meaning or intellectual value". I think for it (or any concept) to be useful there has to be a precise definition that is generally agreed upon. What is this generally agreed definition of globalism?

"And you've come up with some idea's yourself, what's to stop you coming up with more?

Pure laziness I'd hazard a guess." cson.

No actually there has been a death in the family last week. And if you would have read my previous posts properly you would have found out that 1,000 words that I have written were lost on my laptop. So I had to start all over again. So I have had a stressful time of it.

I hope that you feel better in yourself, that you come on these forums and leave spiteful and very, very presumptous suggestions. Thanks for making me feel even more rubbish.

To scepticOne, I see your point. I guess there isn't one universal definition of globalization. But I used one that I found in a book (yes I did reading) in my intro.

Anyway, thanks to the others for your help.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This is a forum for discussion of politics, not for solicitation of homework help. Not that you've done yourself any favours by bickering with people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement