Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Broadband - Traffic Volume going up automatically?!

Options
  • 07-12-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I'm on 02 wireless broadband, and fast approaching my monthly cap (5gb :( )... But I'm just noticing that my volume statistic is going up automatically when I'm not doing anything. I'v tried using a firewall to block anything that is trying to use the connection, to no avail. It's going up by 0.1MB every 6 or 7 seconds.

When I first enter Windows, it stays at 0B for a while, but then starts going up all by itself. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Are you using any Bitorrent software?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Run some spyware scans using spybot and maybe run an anti-virus scan too, just in case.

Things like that probably wouldn't be sending that much info but you never know.

Do you have automatic updates turned on in Windows?

Things like that might be affecting it. What programs start with windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Think I have it sorted, it was a worm of some sort I think. Came across it using some process analysing software..

Just a heads up to anyone on a stringent bandwidth limit I guess, check your PC to make sure nothing is using your connection when your not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deborahD

Hi everybody!
    I'd like to know if to calculate the usage of my o2 broadband (I have a Student broadband) I have to consider just the received data or the sent data as well...Can you help me? Thanx!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

deborahD wrote: »
    Hi everybody!
    I'd like to know if to calculate the usage of my o2 broadband (I have a Student broadband) I have to consider just the received data or the sent data as well...Can you help me? Thanx!

:)

The info on the broadband section of the site only refers to Download limits. If you log in to o2.ie and go to the billing section doesn't it show you how much of your allowance you have used?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deborahD

Thanx for the reply!

yes! but it doesnt say if that amount of data is calculated on down/upload basis or just download...and it's not completely up to date...it refers to yesterday not considering the first hours of today..(I forgot the connection active all night long...damnit!)

Advertisement