Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 ireland blocking orb.com website?

• 07-12-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

hey,

downloaded that new orb app from the app store but it wont work..and when i go into the browser and go to orb.com it wont let me..yet all other sites work..have 3 ireland blocked this site? i asked them and they said ''if it doesnt work it must be blocked'' and with no reason either...was really looking 4ward to using this app as its dead handy...

can any1 confirm if its bocked of if its a prob on my end?

the site address is http://www.mycast.orb.com

works on my mates blackberry storm (vodafone ) no prob..i bought the 1gb add on from 3 especially to use this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

just an update if any1 is in the same boat..

3 rang me back..they told me if any 3 customer wants to access www.orb.com on their mobile browser then they must subscribe to 'x-series gold, 15 euro a month'

i told them that im already paying 10 euro a month for a 1 gb add on and that it was insane that 3 were telling me what websites they will allow me to use my 1 gb on and what websites they wont..

anyway she then went on to tell me x-series is no longer available to new customers but she was willing to make an exception for me!

what a joke 3 are..im paying for 1GB of usage yet they decide what website i can and cant use..unless ofcourse i pay them an extra 5 quid in which case they dont mind..totally unfair, just as well im out of contract with them..

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

I haven't downloaded the app (yet!) but I easily accessed www.mycast.orb.com log in page on Opera Mini on my E71. I used 3 as the access point also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They don't sell the x-series products anymore in Ireland though.

I think mine might still be called that though but it's only really for the "unlimited" data that I ever had it anyway, was using it for Slingplayer as well but that doesn't work with the E71 now.

Pikasso wrote: »
    I haven't downloaded the app (yet!) but I easily accessed www.mycast.orb.com log in page on Opera Mini on my E71. I used 3 as the access point also.

thats wierd..ive tried to access that site on a lg viewty, lg shine, and my current phone iphone 3g..all on the 3 network with no luck..is there some way around this? there must be....i tried orb over wifi and it works A1..would really like to be able to get it up an running over 3g..any help appreciated. the Reemo in 3 wont take to me about it unless i sign up to xseries gold..

robinph wrote: »
    They don't sell the x-series products anymore in Ireland though.

I think mine might still be called that though but it's only really for the "unlimited" data that I ever had it anyway, was using it for Slingplayer as well but that doesn't work with the E71 now.

are you paying 15 quid for this? why would you pay for this if you can get 1gb add on for 10? thats assuming u dont go over 1gb a month?

regarding sligplayer..did this work on ur E71 before?i.e have 3 blocked its use now?

• Advertisement

Tried again on Opera mini - no problem. Then tried it on the Nokia browser - operation timed out!

Tried again on Opera mini - no problem. Then tried it on the Nokia browser - operation timed out!

ok cool, so i should download opera mini and use that browser for orb? im not very technical, but if i do that, can i still keep my safari browser?As thats excellent for everthing else..

cojomo2 wrote: »
    ok cool, so i should download opera mini and use that browser for orb? im not very technical, but if i do that, can i still keep my safari browser?As thats excellent for everthing else..

You can have as many browsers on your phone as you like! :D

Ahh crap..iphone 3g does not support opera mini...

if any1 can tell me how i can get access to www.orb.com from using 3 ireland sim, please let me know!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

thats wierd..ive tried to access that site on a lg viewty, lg shine, and my current phone iphone 3g..all on the 3 network with no luck..is there some way around this? there must be....i tried orb over wifi and it works A1..would really like to be able to get it up an running over 3g..any help appreciated. the Reemo in 3 wont take to me about it unless i sign up to xseries gold..

ORB was always a part of X-Series/X-Series Gold. Always.

• Advertisement

You can have as many browsers on your phone as you like! :D

? Since when?

culabula wrote: »
    ORB was always a part of X-Series/X-Series Gold. Always.

yeah so they tell me...

my gripe is that im paying 10 a month for a 1gb add on yet im limited what i can do with this 1 gig....id never come close to using it from just web surfing and you tube..so it mite as well be a 250mb add on..they are giving with one hand and taking back with the next..

yeah x series gives you 2gb and a load of other crap that i have no interest in(apart from orb) so i cant justify paying extra for it..and anyway 3 are now telling me x-series is no longer available which means that 3 customers cannot use orb, end of story..

orb is not a service provided by 3, it is not their sofware so how can they justify charging for it ? it uses data, and thats what they should be charging for..

anyway as usual they are wrong, as xseries is available via my3.

yeah so they tell me...

my gripe is that im paying 10 a month for a 1gb add on yet im limited what i can do with this 1 gig....id never come close to using it from just web surfing and you tube..so it mite as well be a 250mb add on..they are giving with one hand and taking back with the next..

yeah x series gives you 2gb and a load of other crap that i have no interest in(apart from orb) so i cant justify paying extra for it..and anyway 3 are now telling me x-series is no longer available which means that 3 customers cannot use orb, end of story..

orb is not a service provided by 3, it is not their sofware so how can they justify charging for it ? it uses data, and thats what they should be charging for..

anyway as usual they are wrong, as xseries is available via my3.

Well, about two years or so ago, 3UK were the first to make this and Sling truly portable and affordable. They used to give Slingplayer away with new contracts. Orb was only available on the 10GBP Gold add-on.

I suppose they haven't got used to it slipping away from them. Or else, don't realise that it has.

Anyway, I have just used my X-series silver to successfully log onto that site and later on, when I can find my SIM removal tool or a clip, I'll try my 3 IRL dataSIM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Boo 3 ! Boo I say.

I can access the Orb site from Opera Mini but OM doesn't let me stream any audio.

:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

are you paying 15 quid for this? why would you pay for this if you can get 1gb add on for 10? thats assuming u dont go over 1gb a month?

regarding sligplayer..did this work on ur E71 before?i.e have 3 blocked its use now?
    I do use a lot of data on my phone. The sling problem is just to do with Sling not updating their S60 version of the mobile application for the E71 yet.

culabula wrote: »
    ? Since when?
    ...he asked after I said you can have as many browsers on your phone as you like

A: Since phones used Symbian 60 (that's why I DIDN'T buy an iPhone!!!!)

'S back now.

long_b wrote: »
    'S back now.

what??

anyway i got it sorted...

got x-series gold at it works fine now

what??

anyway i got it sorted...

got x-series gold at it works fine now

Orb is back working for me,
    3 giveth, taketh, giveth again.

good stuff...do u have an add on ?

• Advertisement

Just the tenner for 1GB/month PAYG data one.

long_b wrote: »
    Just the tenner for 1GB/month PAYG data one.

ahh the feckers in 3 said i had to sign up to xseries gold for access to orb!and so i did! does it actually work for streaming media etc?

i tried in on my girfriends 3 fone there and i was able to lg in to orb...tryin again now and its refusing..i think it only works the very odd time unless u have the x-series add on..in which case it will always allow you access..

i feel better now - my x-series add on is justified!:D

Advertisement