Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird Heatpac problems

Options
  • 07-12-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,

Just developed a problem with our Firebird Heatpac. Recently had a fill, bled the system as usual... Now problem is when you turn it on, it fires up and runs as normal for about 4-5 minutes then shuts off, and won't restart for an hour or so when it seems to have cooled down. Any ideas as to where the problem might lie?

Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

alteregoZR wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just developed a problem with our Firebird Heatpac. Recently had a fill, bled the system as usual... Now problem is when you turn it on, it fires up and runs as normal for about 4-5 minutes then shuts off, and won't restart for an hour or so when it seems to have cooled down. Any ideas as to where the problem might lie?

Thanks
    Brian

Same as other recent post - water pump not circulating water away from boiler. Maybe you switched off the pump when you were at the system. Also it is bad for the burner if you keep running out of oil and have to bleed the system "as usual".
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alteregoZR

I was thinking it might be something to do with water not circulating...

Before i get all gung-ho, is the this what i'm looking for?
    Firebird.jpg

Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alteregoZR

Problem solved! As suggested in previous post removed the centre screw... and the deft use of a little allen key, and heat has returned to the siberian plains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

alteregoZR wrote: »
    Problem solved! As suggested in previous post removed the centre screw... and the deft use of a little allen key, and heat has returned to the siberian plains

That's great - if it is noisy, it may stick again - you may need to replace it.
    Jim.

Advertisement