Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Broadband in a box' - Any alternatives to Irish Broadband?

Options
  • 07-12-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Will be changing address for a little while, and there's a good chance i won't be able to get anything permanent installed where i'm going.

Is there any viable alternative to Irish Broadband? I've heard a variety of horror stories about them, and am trying to give them a wide berth.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 samum28

basically any of other bb solutions are better than IB.. trust me i've been using this crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

What are the other alternatives for someone who does not have a landline?

Pros and cons of the other methods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

IBB Breeze is good in some areas (fixed wireless)

Digiweb is okay but cap is low (metro product, fixed wireless).

Clearwire - avoid like the plague.

Mobile BB providers - avoid if possible although might be worth trialling them if they are in the area to see if you get decent speeds if you don't need it for anything other than browsing a few sites and checking email.

IBB Ripwave - sh*t.
    What are the other alternatives for someone who does not have a landline?

Pros and cons of the other methods?

Wired or fixed wireless is better than absolute wireless. Absolute wireless services are usually not worth the bother (ripwave and Clearwire, you could throw Mobile BB in here too).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maybe just get an o2/vodafone 3g Dongle?
    Once you don't need it for voip or gaming it is fine.

Advertisement