Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing Door Card - Panel Audi A4 B7 - Help

• 07-12-2008 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggest I need help removing the door card/panel from my Audi A4 2006 B7.

I have removed the door trim(aluminium strip) to reveal 3 screws.
    Removed those and then Im stumped. I cannot find anything else.

Googling seems to only provide results for B6 models which look easier.

Help appreciated.

Audi Chris, you seem to be the powerhouse of answers. Help if possible.

If that guy with the halfords voucher would like to buy me a Haynes manual then I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Here is why I want to do it. I want to pop out the damage. They may looks like scratches but they are not. It actually perfect except for the mishapeness of it and the tiny scratch on the skirt.

PICT0574.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Sorry, I'm not that technical when it comes to this kind of thing. I'd normally get Dentsaway or someone similar to do the dirty work.

If you want, I can ask one of our mechanics tomorrow, but I'd say Darragh29 or Mr.Diagnostic may be able to advise quicker than that.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

pretty sure you should have 5 screws, not 3. 4 of them are under the alu trim, the 5th is at the corner of the pull handle underneath, halfway down the door. Then it pulls off, you will break the clips more than likely though..

there is a DIY on this on the web somewhere that I've seen before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

copacetic wrote: »
    pretty sure you should have 5 screws, not 3. 4 of them are under the alu trim, the 5th is at the corner of the pull handle underneath, halfway down the door. Then it pulls off, you will break the clips more than likely though..

there is a DIY on this on the web somewhere that I've seen before...

There should also be a couple of torx screws at the bottom of the door panel, then prise out one corner of the door card and get pulling....as mentioned above you will prob break some of the plastic clips that hold on the door panel, they are not expensive to replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 K_Lye

Hi, I know this thread is a few months dead now but I was hoping someone might be able to help. I've got the same problem getting the left rear passenger door panel off.

I've got an 2008 A4 S-Line Special Edition which I believe is B7 - it was one of the last to come off the line before the new style came out. I've gotten as far undoing the 1 screw underneath the hand grip and 3 screws under the alluminium trim. For the life of me, I can't find anymore screws and the panel is refusing to give.

Any help would be most gratefully received! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Russellcruie

very nice information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have a set of plastic tools for removing trim, i'd recommend you get a set too if you're going down that road: http://www.uktools.com/sealey-rtkit-trim-upholstery-tool-p-14248.html?cPath=122_123

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement