Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst county?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

xbox36016 wrote: »
    waterford its just buggers
    +1. Add that to the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Everyone knows longford, roscommon and leitrim don't exist. So you can all remove them from the list because you're not fooling anyone. They're just "filler" counties to make Ireland sound bigger.

Think about it, have you ever met anyone from these counties ?, have you ever driven through these counties. Really really think long and good, you were just imagining it. I can't even find them on Google Earth FFS !!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Has to be dublin,lived there for a while. sweet jesus what a kip.
    You can't piss and you hear jaysus alrite buuuuddd!
    Where did these people learn to speak? in the sewers
    I'm happy with all the new roads though, any choice of roads to get the **** out of the "bleeding pox of a place"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maltesersgirl23

monaghan!

lived there for a year. eventually escaped to limerick...heaps better,socially :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

kilkenny......absolute kip.......there is nothing, i mean NOTHING, there. Only good thing is that it has good bus links to Dublin, Cork and Waterford

• Advertisement

dannym08 wrote: »
    kilkenny......absolute kip.......there is nothing, i mean NOTHING, there. Only good thing is that it has good bus links to Dublin, Cork and Waterford

Yeah Waterford. Definitely Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

waterford is like any other city, has it's good areas and it's bad areas (ballybeg & tirconnell)

waterford is like any other city, has it's good areas and it's bad areas (ballybeg & tirconnell)

It also has the most amount of boy racers per head of capita than any other county i've been in.
    Sheep farmers in souped up Lancers. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It also has the most amount of boy racers per head of capita than any other county i've been in.

you obviously havent been near cabinteely recently then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Hazzard County. I can picture being kept up all night by those Duke brothers joyriding around and blaring "Dixie" every time the jump over a pothole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Counties i'd least like to live in:
    Limerick
    Carlow
    Offaly
    Laois

Ive been to leitrim and roscommon and they are pretty nice places I think!

A lot of people seem to not like louth, monaghan and cavan!! I find that the people from those 3 counties are geneally dead on and good craic! They generally dont take things too seriously!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUPpw-EoB4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Donegal/Tyrone are worse. Every second car is a souped up civic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Yeah Waterford. Definitely Waterford.

hey its better than kilkenny.....not that that would be hard mind u!!:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Inglorious wrote: »
    Leitrim.
    I have it on good authority that only 12 people live there.

.....3 of whom are their own grandfathers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

sligo. It's like the Wexford of the west.

Have you been to donegal,leitrim,mayo,roscommon,clare or kerry?like sligos not great but its not backward,its the third largest urban area in the west.sure isnt it the capital of the northwest :o

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Laois and the worst town would go to Portlaois. Passed through there a couple of times and I thought that I'd never get out alive. Best Thing about it is the road out of it. And I know this is off topic but has anyone ever noticed how Portumna looks like it should be in a 1950's movie. And on the Dublin thing it must be fairly bad up there when they are all moving down to Wexford every second person is a Dub here now. When ever I'm in Dublin the taxi driver will always ask "what brings you up here then" and my anwer is always the same "i came up to get away from the Dubs for a while" seriously is there any of you left up there.

The one with the highest unemployment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Dublin... as you either have a Dub-a-lin accent or are a southsider whom no one outside of dublin likes due to the 'Oh my gee dort-ness' of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Counties i'd least like to live in:
    Limerick
    Carlow
    Offaly
    Laois

Ive been to leitrim and roscommon and they are pretty nice places I think!

A lot of people seem to not like louth, monaghan and cavan!! I find that the people from those 3 counties are geneally dead on and good craic! They generally dont take things too seriously!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUPpw-EoB4

Jesus..it was on the 5th page before Limerick got mentioned..must be a record..guess it's not such a bad place after all :d
    My absolute worst would be Tipperary...I'm trying to think of one redeeming feature but can't...they're all tight fcuks with their tinfoil wrapped sandwiches, the women all have hairy arses and nipples, and 2nd to Longford Tipp town has the most unemployment and illiterate tossers in Ireland.
    Complete bunch of spongers.

*For the record I did find one female with non hairy ass and non hair nipples in Tipp..more of the wooly feel about her :D
    However the queue of Tipp culchies qeueing to chat her up was too long :P

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

My absolute worst would be Tipperary...I'm trying to think of one redeeming feature but can't...

Lol i like that one! :D --> total agreement there on that one.

Also really don't like Limerick... i know that loads of people like it, but i just get such a dodgy feeling when i'm there. Probably paranoia i know, but who wants to live in a place that they get a dodgy feeling from (paranoia induced or not!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

towel401 wrote: »
    Dublin. ****ing awful place to live

Haha! Took the words out of my mouth!!!

Roscommon and the midlands look awful!!!

Limerick is excellent! Wouldn't mind Cork...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Kilkenny, the people there are the biggest bunch of pricks in the country, i mean they think killkenny is a city:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kilkenny, the people there are the biggest bunch of pricks in the country, i mean they think killkenny is a city:rolleyes:

It is a city, a nice city at that, with some nice attractions, great night life and sexy women :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

Six pages and Carlow only got one mention.

I wonder is that because it's a decent enough place or because people don't even know it exists.

In fairness, every town or village or county I enter seems as dead and depressing as the next. If your not from an area, have no affiliation with it, then there's no reason to like it.

EDIT:
    Yeah people from Kilkenny are a bunch of ****. They have a lot of slow drivers too. Far to many times am I stuck behind a kk crawling along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Met a good few people from kilkenny and they are without exception the biggest dickheads and pricks i have every met, there is not one other county in ireland that comes close to kilkenny for the sheer hateness i hate of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

It has a city charter and it is the former capital of Ireland. It was hardly the capitol village back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The correct answer is obviously Cork.

Agreed on Kilkenny. Full of dick heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anywhere outside of Dublin, full of bog warriors!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Has to be Roscommon, Tulsk to be exact. It is undoubtingly the worst and most depressing town in the county, containing a shop, a pub and a car dealership.

Trivia (From Wikipedia)
    Renowned Irish folk singer Christy Moore, in the title track of his Welcome to the Cabaret album, describes Tulsk as being like "hell".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Laois, WTF is in Laois? :confused:
    +1
    been there done that.....escaped.

Advertisement