Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst county?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

naasface wrote: »
    westmeath
    longford
    roscommon
    cavan
    leitrim
    offaly
    laois
    louth (like wtf LOUTH)

^ all of them
    they just seem...depressing. Like a place you'd get dumped after being killed. Because nobody would think of looking there.
    Know what I mean?

I have to say I hate kildare. What is it? Just an extension of Dublin. There's no personality there, ye have half dublin accents and I've found kildare people to be unbelievably dry and posh.

I'm from a midlands county (can't hide it should have named myself better:D)

and come on you'd be lost without us!

The midlands counties are officially:

Laois, Offaly and Westmeath.

and look what they've given you:

Joe Dolan
    Brian Cowan
    the word biffo
    Mary O' rourke...:eek:
    Marain finucane
    eh Michael O'Leary (runnin out of ideas here!)
    Oh yes how could I forget.... Barack Obama according to the Biffos!!!!(Yes i'm not from offaly)

seriously though wherever you're from you hate everywhere else, and you especially hate the counties right beside you. Isn't that true really. if you're from galway you hate mayo, if you're from meath you hate westmeath......it's always the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Actually thats not true, I'm from Dublin and live in Kildare but I wouldn't live in Dublin for a winning lotto ticket. I find that its better to travel to other counties to find somewhere that you truly hate and while my missus' home place of Mayo would get an honourable mention on my most hated list, the winner would be Clare. Miserable kip with a miserable moaning, whinging population. Jeez just because some aircraft had to stop there for fuel decades ago, they think they have a god given right to suck down passing aircraft just to suck some money off the passengers in the shannon duty free (you could have guessed they invented it) and in the burren which is a fcuking glorified field of stones. Yes I lived in Clare and it was my own special place of hell before I quit a well paid job just to get away from that kip of ****holes (wish I was more eloquent then I could do better than "kip of ****holes)

Actually thats not true, I'm from Dublin and live in Kildare but I wouldn't live in Dublin for a winning lotto ticket. I find that its better to travel to other counties to find somewhere that you truly hate and while my missus' home place of Mayo would get an honourable mention on my most hated list, the winner would be Clare. Miserable kip with a miserable moaning, whinging population. Jeez just because some aircraft had to stop there for fuel decades ago, they think they have a god given right to suck down passing aircraft just to suck some money off the passengers in the shannon duty free (you could have guessed they invented it) and in the burren which is a fcuking glorified field of stones. Yes I lived in Clare and it was my own special place of hell before I quit a well paid job just to get away from that kip of ****holes (wish I was more eloquent then I could do better than "kip of ****holes)

Right Dave. Let me rephrase myself, everyone in Ireland etiher hates the counties nearest to them, or counties they have gone to visit so they can say that they hate them.:D Keep it up lads!....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Longford - a long year living there, godawful town and county

Cork is nice but North Cork (Millstreet, Fermoy, Newmarket) horrible area

North Tipp around Roscrea - Thurles

My least favourite though has to go to Cavan....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

all of them really.... even dublin county is horrid, sure even dublin city is a kip once you get into the double figure postal districts (i'll allow exceptions for monkstown, glasthule, killiney, dalkey, and the nicer bits of howth - as long as you're only going there for a walk)

of the three towns in ireland, galway is nice in theory, but you have to travel through all sorts of godforsaken places to get there and when you do it's just full of dole scamming crusties begging outside supermacs and the entire economy is based on selling bodhráns and wooly jumpers to tourists... no wonder all the politicians and business heads get helicopters to and from the races...

cork i never really bothered with, a bit too far off the beaten track for me... the natives do sound adorable when they speak though, and it's really cute the way they think they're a city - they even have a little miniature Brown Thomas down there!!! it's soooo cute!

belfast doesn't count because it's in a foreign country and it's full of weirdos

all of them really.... even dublin county is horrid, sure even dublin city is a kip once you get into the double figure postal districts (i'll allow exceptions for monkstown, glasthule, killiney, dalkey, and the nicer bits of howth - as long as you're only going there for a walk)

of the three towns in ireland, galway is nice in theory, but you have to travel through all sorts of godforsaken places to get there and when you do it's just full of dole scamming crusties begging outside supermacs and the entire economy is based on selling bodhráns and wooly jumpers to tourists... no wonder all the politicians and business heads get helicopters to and from the races...

cork i never really bothered with, a bit too far off the beaten track for me... the natives do sound adorable when they speak though, and it's really cute the way they think they're a city - they even have a little miniature Brown Thomas down there!!! it's soooo cute!

belfast doesn't count because it's in a foreign country and it's full of weirdos

em alot of people would consider belfast to be in ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

em alot of people would consider belfast to be in ireland?

No they wouldn't

No they wouldn't

Excuse me, people in Belfast consider themselves to be in Ireland, and they consider people down south to be very insulting when they say the're not in Ireland. It is still Ireland you know, christ.

Excuse me, people in Belfast consider themselves to be in Ireland, and they consider people down south to be very insulting when they say the're not in Ireland. It is still Ireland you know, christ.

People in Belfast can think what they like, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not in Ireland.

• Advertisement

yeah well they're even weirder tbh...

People in Belfast can think what they like, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not in Ireland.

galwayguy22 I really don't understand you at all. so you're saying that everyone who lives in northern Ireland and considers themeselves to be living in Ireland are wrong? who are you to say that? in galway???

Northern Ireland is part of Ireland. It's not ethiopia, it's right beside you. Honestly take out your road map. You'll find it's just a few hours up the road....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

louth fo sho cant understand what they say up in Dundalk it's hai that and hai this.......

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

West Meath

galwayguy22 I really don't understand you at all. so you're saying that everyone who lives in northern Ireland and considers themeselves to be living in Ireland are wrong? who are you to say that? in galway???

Northern Ireland is part of Ireland. It's not ethiopia, it's right beside you. Honestly take out your road map. You'll find it's just a few hours up the road....

It's actually part of Britain. I thought this was common knowledge.

All the wishful thinking in the world won't change that fact.

who are you to say that? in galway???

But sure Galway isn't in a foreign country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

But sure Galway isn't in a foreign country?
    Is it not :confused:

Nope you're wrong.

Northern ireland has their own government. Roughly half of it's population consider it to be in the u.K, and half consider it to be in Ireland.

The irish population up North don't care that they are 'supposedly part of Britain'. they don't agree with it, so why should they. It's wierd that you as an irish person seem to agree with the english on this.

And I meant by 'in Galway' do you really think you know that much about the situation? I live in Northern Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Nope you're wrong.

Northern ireland has their own government. Roughly half of it's population consider it to be in the u.K, and half consider it to be in Ireland.

The irish population up North don't care that they are 'supposedly part of Britain'. they don't agree with it, so why should they. It's wierd that you as an irish person seem to agree with the english on this.

And I meant by 'in Galway' do you really think you know that much about the situation? I live in Northern Ireland.

/me gets the popcorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 FionnBaguh

I think its fair that people in N. Ireland who want to call themselves Irish, and say they live in Ireland can, they are entitled to an Irish passport arent they??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Actually, it is not part of Britain. It is part of the United Kingdom of Britain and NI. I thought this was common knowledge?

But it is not a fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

god not another thread lost to northern ireland... when will this madness end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 FionnBaguh

1huge1 wrote: »
    god not another thread lost to northern ireland... when will this madness end

I agree can not agree that N. Ireland is Ireland......

Actually, it is not part of Britain. It is part of the United Kingdom of Britain and NI. I thought this was common knowledge?

Who gives a flying **** what its ACTUALLY called, but the point remains, it's NOT part of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

FionnBaguh wrote: »
    I think its fair that people in N. Ireland who want to call themselves Irish, and say they live in Ireland can, they are entitled to an Irish passport arent they??

well they can and do

and people who see themselves as british can hold a british passport

so everyone is honky dory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Norn Iron is as much a part of Ireland as Canada is part of the USA. Just coz they share the same landmass, doesn't mean they are the same country. Norn Iron has a different flag, national anthem, culture etc. They have a strange accent thats not Irish and not Scottish. This country gave up articles 2 and 3 of the constitution, not to assist the peace process but coz we didn't want them no more. We have enough problems in the Republic - note to Nordies, its not the Free State, its the REPUBLIC - without taking their tribalism on board.

without taking their tribalism on board.

their tribalism!!...well thats rich...seeing we're just as tribilistic down here

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Who gives a flying **** what its ACTUALLY called, but the point remains, it's NOT part of Ireland

It IS part of Ireland.
    Ireland refers to the island we live on. It includes the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Here you go:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd hate to live in Carlow.

Carlow......the forgotten county.

• Advertisement

kerry..........yes kerry....i know its beautiful county but the people are way too backward and clanish and strange/stand-off-ish

and the accent is gammy

Advertisement