Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst county?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

FionnBaguh wrote: »
    I think its fair that people in N. Ireland who want to call themselves Irish, and say they live in Ireland can, they are entitled to an Irish passport arent they??

Why aren't Nigerians or Nicaraguans who want to call themselves Irish and say they live in Ireland entitled to an Irish passport then?

They're no more or less foreign to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Poll?? What's the most options you can get? It could be like the Monopoly board voting all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Norn Iron is as much a part of Ireland as Canada is part of the USA. .

Norn Iron is as much a part of Ireland as Canada is part of the North America!

Who gives a flying **** what its ACTUALLY called, but the point remains, it's NOT part of Ireland

If you are going to come across in all 'actually' posts, it is best to be actually correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

fryup wrote: »
    their tribalism!!...well thats rich...seeing we're just as tribilistic down here

Yes but our tribalism extends to knocking the fcuk out of one another on a GAA pitch whereas their tribalism involves intense hatred of one another, bombs, bullets, burning of effigies, their fcuking "marching season". They can't accept that neither the Brits or the Republic want them. In this recession, we'll give them even less attention and they won't have world leaders fawning over them like they have for the past 10 years.

PS - 2 words that I now cannot stand hearing - PEACE PROCESS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Inglorious wrote: »
    Leitrim.
    I have it on good authority that only 12 people live there.

Ah please... You really thought people were gonna thank you for that old joke :rolleyes:

My quote was that just coz 2 countries share a landmass, then that doesn't mean they are the same nation. I've been to Canada and the US and while they share the same language (Quebec apart), their customs are different, and the people are different (Canadians much more laid back).

Similarily, Nordies have strange attractions to the past and to things that most citizens of the Republic don't give a damn about. They are soooooooo fcuking intense and goddamn serious unlike us laid back citizens of the Republic.

My quote was that just coz 2 countries share a landmass, then that doesn't mean they are the same nation. I've been to Canada and the US and while they share the same language (Quebec apart), their customs are different, and the people are different (Canadians much more laid back).

Similarily, Nordies have strange attractions to the past and to things that most citizens of the Republic don't give a damn about. They are soooooooo fcuking intense and goddamn serious unlike us laid back citizens of the Republic.

When do you think we stopped being the same nation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

if you are so laid back why all this anti/brit rant ?

getz wrote: »
    if you are so laid back why all this anti/brit rant ?

I'm not anti Brit, I quite like them really, very quaint people with some nice traditions from their past.

To be honest, I'm anti nordie. I cannot stand the feckers one eensie weensie little bit. Their bloody grating accents, their whinging, moaning triumphalism/victimisation is wearisome to say the least. Why couldn't we and the British have built a wall around the kip and let them finish one another off as they so obviously want to do. Have you seen the film DOOMSDAY, now thats what I have in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

strange attractions to the past?? well thats even richer...how about us harpin on about 1916 till you're blue in the face

laid back...yes we were very laid when a handful of nordies tried to walk down o'connell st a few years back:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

maki wrote: »
    It IS part of Ireland.
    Ireland refers to the island we live on. It includes the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Here you go:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

Well now, I'd better change my opinion completely because Wiki said so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Anyhoo, back on topic...

Has to be Longford, or to be more precise... Granard.

I refuse to stop there when I'm driving through in case I get murdered by toothless hillbillies playing 'Deliverence' on a tin whistle.

I mean come on, they park their cars perpendicular to the pavement which is always a sign you're in major bogville.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

getting back to the origional topic, DUBLIN by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Wrong my friend. Dave got it right first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Whatever happened to Midlandsmissus... she was great craic..

Great trolling there Galwayguy22!

Wrong my friend. Dave got it right first time.

Show me how I am wrong then?

fryup wrote: »
    strange attractions to the past?? well thats even richer...how about us harpin on about 1916 till you're blue in the face

laid back...yes we were very laid when a handful of nordies tried to walk down o'connell st a few years back:rolleyes:

"WE" don't harp on about 1916 - the FFers do as they have claimed intellectual rights to that event but this is disputed by the Shinners (oh why couldn't they have stayed up in that diseased entity in the north east). Most citizens of this great republic don't think twice about 1916 - it was a bloody failure after all.

As for the love Ulster parade, that was the Shinner, Dissident Republican, Celtic FC jersey wearing scanger element of Dublin. Most Dubs wouldn't give 2 fcuks about some stupid nordies marching in Dublin. We'd just think they were pathetic.

Back on topic, I'd propose the 6 counties of the Uk that reside on this island as the worst counties in Ireland but I'd just be contradicting myself as they most evidently are not part of this republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

maki wrote: »
    It IS part of Ireland.
    Ireland refers to the island we live on. It includes the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Here you go:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

WIKIPEDIA says that???

BRB...

:pac:

Show me how I am wrong then?

My first post stated that although Canada and the US (similarily the Republic and Northen Ireland) share the same landmass, they are separate countries. Your quote changed this context by stating that Canada was part of north America. Thats akin to stating that the Republic and northern Ireland are part of Europe. Factually true but that was not my argument.

• Advertisement

My first post stated that although Canada and the US (similarily the Republic and Northen Ireland) share the same landmass, they are separate countries. Your quote changed this context by stating that Canada was part of north America. Thats akin to stating that the Republic and northern Ireland are part of Europe. Factually true but that was not my argument.

You do accept then that NI is part of Ireland then?

Canada and the USA share the same landmass that is North America. NI & the RoI share the same landmass that is Ireland. You referred to Canada not being part of the USA and I pointed out that it is part of North America. I similarly point out that NI is part of Ireland (other people deny this though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Wherever Prosperous Dave is from.

Kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 mealone42

dannym08 wrote: »
    hey its better than kilkenny.....not that that would be hard mind u!!:D:D

Your knowledge is limited Blaahman. What the hell has Waterford got? Dont hurt your brian trying to think. It is a dangerous town at night. It has the travellers feud as entertainment. Damn all else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Roscommon.

Nothing there, just farmland and the odd bothrín.

In fact anywhere out in the west. We should shut down the west. No one would notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Dublin, I think it is only my necessity that a lot of people live and work there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

mfitzy wrote: »
    Kerry. Never liked the place. Feels very detached from the rest of the country

Couldn't agree with you more.
    When you say you're from Kerry people automatically think you're a farmer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Sean_K wrote: »
    Roscommon.

Nothing there, just farmland and the odd bothrín.

In fact anywhere out in the west. We should shut down the west. No one would notice.

Most of it never opened in the first place.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

just because leitrim is the least populated county doesnt make it the worst county. I have been through it numerous times and enjoy the lovely scenery when passing by. Its a county that is not totally ruined by the property boom either.

And no im not from leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

mealone42 wrote: »
    Your knowledge is limited Blaahman. What the hell has Waterford got? Dont hurt your brian trying to think. It is a dangerous town at night. It has the travellers feud as entertainment. Damn all else.

God forbid you might hurt your BRIAN! Think of the children!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

KTRIC wrote: »
    Everyone knows longford, roscommon and leitrim don't exist. So you can all remove them from the list because you're not fooling anyone. They're just "filler" counties to make Ireland sound bigger.

Think about it, have you ever met anyone from these counties ?, have you ever driven through these counties. Really really think long and good, you were just imagining it. I can't even find them on Google Earth FFS !!! :eek:

think about it, where was the first president of ireland born, albert reynolds (and no it ain't longford), Maureen O' Sullivan or Percy French. they all didn't exist maybe :eek:

Advertisement