Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average wage for experienced stablehand

Options
  • 07-12-2008 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

I'm curious due to my niece' situation as to what a full time stablehand earns someone competent enough to take sole responsibility for periods of time. I've no idea what full time staff get now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 thetonkatoy

very little im afraid!!
    even people whonare highly qualified with experience can recieve in an around 300 eur p/w.....

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

Im no longer work full time in a yard but I still do the odd day; I would expect about 100 for my day;

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It really depends on the person in question and the yard. I'm not too familiar with riding schools, etc. and would have more experience with racing yards. The going rate for riding out in a racing yard is generally somehwhere between €50 and €65 for morning work (8.00-13.00), though I have heard of people who earn more/less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

Thanks there does seem to be considerable variation I'm guessing 400 euro would be about right for full time or maybe 200 with accomadation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tanzanite

Most Tb stud farms pay about €450-€500 per week 5-6day week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

Tanzanite wrote: »
    Most Tb stud farms pay about €450-€500 per week 5-6day week

that's alright wages. you work in stud farm?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tanzanite

No,I did in the past :)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

I think it depends on what industry you work in ( tb/racing or sj/breakers).
    The racing industry generally pays will but otherwise you would be lucky to get 150-200euro p/wk including accomadation.I have worked for dealers yard for 300 a wk and many sj yards for etween 80-150 p/wk, both including accomadation. I'm so glad i got out of it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

Been there in my youth and got out too:rolleyes:

Advertisement