Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats involved in an addtional tralor licence?

Options
  • 07-12-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I want to upgrade my license to be able to tow two axle trailers, where is the best place to get lessons? Also what dose the test involve and is it difficult? I gather it involves reversing trailors around corners etc. (which I am cr*p at)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

You don't necessarily need an 'EB' licence to tow a two-axle trailer.

It depends on the towing capacity of your vehicle, and the gross vehicle weight of the trailer - i.e. the combination of the two (car and trailer) must not exceed 3500kg to use a 'B' (Car) licence.

i.e. exceed this weight and you do need category 'EB'
    look up dept of transport website for more info.

As regards the test, only a few driving schools cater for 'EB' lessons... I know Naas School of Motoring have/had a jeep and trailer for lessons/test. Give them a ring.

Advertisement