Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New CZ .22lr

Options
  • 07-12-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi, lads brought my new CZ varmint in22lr to the range to dirty the barrel for the first time today and am quite happy with it. the trigger is, as Clivej who was good enough to meet me there and offer a trigger kit for it, Horrendously heavy. but with the kit from Clive we shall soon fix that. Here's some pic.'s:

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg
    I pulled two on this group (heavy trigger)

IMG_0121.jpg
    Pulled two here as well.

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

All 5 shot groups at 50 meters from a bipod with the roof dripping on me:rolleyes:

again thak to Clivej for his help and the spare bits;)
    Sorry about the photo quality.
    FS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Looks lovely FS, happy shooting. Keep the bunnies under your thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

FS. That Brooks kit is all in a bag ready to post in the morning.
    That's some shooting out of the box tight groups at under 10mm @50m. They can only get smaller with the trigger sorted.
    All the best with the new Varmint.

CJ from KK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

Hi Fish,
    When you say CZ Varmint, is that a model 452 or 453? Your gun looks exactly like mine (the 453).
    Nice shooting, what bullet were you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Milker, mine is actually the 452 model and I'm using Eley Target (excellent round) and Lapua master, I found the Federal Championship gave results like a scatter gun, perhaps my gun just did'nt like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

nice looking gun, what sort of scope have you on it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I now have a CZ 452 Varmint .22lr and have a Brooks trigger kit job done on it and it shoots as sweet as the annie I had ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Ormondprop, it's a leupold VXIII 8.5-25x50 long range with the varmint hunter rec. (lovely scope) the same as this one:

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/scopes/vx-iii-riflescopes/vx-iii-8-5-25x50mm-long-range-target/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

The 453 has a set trigger that I couldnt live without now. Also the standard trigger is adjustable for weight and travel (before & after release).
    My gun shows a clear preference for Lapua too. It also does well with Winchester Subs Hollow points oddly enough.
    I had a parallax problem with my scope, turned out to be the mounts which I replaced and no further problems.
    CZ make great rifles, pity the mags are plastic though - just doesnt feel right!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

milkerman wrote: »
    The 453 has a set trigger that I couldnt live without now. Also the standard trigger is adjustable for weight and travel (before & after release).
    My gun shows a clear preference for Lapua too. It also does well with Winchester Subs Hollow points oddly enough.
    I had a parallax problem with my scope, turned out to be the mounts which I replaced and no further problems.
    CZ make great rifles, pity the mags are plastic though - just doesnt feel right!
    I bought 2. 5 round metal mags but they did not fit as good as the pastic mags.

Advertisement