Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2 - Tuesday

• 07-12-2008 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

So how's everyone feeling about P2 Tuesday?

Cashflow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭bongoboy

Yep - hoping cashflows as its expected.
    Have to study the AAP Q - as might get that style where he gives you the cashflow.
    Will defo have an impairment test & some FRS 25 & 26 parts thrown in as well.
    For the 15 marks theory part of Q1 - just gonna wing it !

Below are the tips - thanks to Climber for them.
    Best of luck to you !

P2 CORPORATE REPORTING
    *Group cash flow.
    *IFRS 3 Business combinations revised.
    *Impairment.
    *Financial instruments (again).
    *Non-financial reporting.
    *Related party transactions.
    *Ethics.
    *Cash flow statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭RS6

Sounds like a nightmare.

Surely better to do the masters and head straight to the finals?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Yeah I hope for a Cashflow too but I have a sneaky feeling that he may throw in a consol P&L instead, I know if I was the examiner I would, ye'd catch so many out!

Basically it all rests on Q1 for so many, there'll always be impairments, provisions, revenue recognition FRS25/26 etc.

I have heard though that if he has put something on the Pilot paper than it has to be examined within 3 sittings and this is the 3rd sitting so if its on the Pilot and hasn't been asked it should be a sure thing tomorrow .....should be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Back to Books

I have that same feeling about the P&L coming up in Q1. Also deferred tax was on the pilot and has yet to appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ksarah

Nanoc wrote: »
    I have heard though that if he has put something on the Pilot paper than it has to be examined within 3 sittings and this is the 3rd sitting so if its on the Pilot and hasn't been asked it should be a sure thing tomorrow .....should be...

Pilot Paper questions will all appear within 4 sittings so there's no guarantee of Cashflow's unfortunately

• Advertisement
Advertisement