Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeside 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Webster out, beaten 4-0 by Walton!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

How is Ted Hankey playing the BDO when he played the PDC at Christmas?

In the PDC World Championship? If so you are mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

How is Ted Hankey playing the BDO when he played the PDC at Christmas?

I saw Mr Hankey at Christmas too.

Mr_Hankey_the_Christmas_Poo_by_Stac.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Big surprise Webster losing 4-0. In his interview after the match he said that he will be coming back to the Lakeside next year to try and win it again so doesn't look like he will be moving to the PDC. Then again he probably had to say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Big surprise Webster losing 4-0. In his interview after the match he said that he will be coming back to the Lakeside next year to try and win it again so doesn't look like he will be moving to the PDC. Then again he probably had to say that.

I actually don't think he's in any way good enough to join the PDC at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Quarter Final lineup:

Q1 Gary Anderson - Tony O'Shea
    Q2 Darryl Fitton - Scott Waites
    Q3 John Walton - Ted Hankey
    Q4 Gary Robson - Martin Adams

Have to say that it's a quality lineup and should be some good matches. I think they all will be very close matches and are tough to call. Would like to see Anderson, Fitton, Hankey and Robson to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Have to say, didn't expect Walton or Hankey to make the quarters and one of them will make the semi's! Looking like an Anderson - Adams final, could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Quarter Final lineup:

Q1 Gary Anderson - Tony O'Shea
    Q2 Darryl Fitton - Scott Waites
    Q3 John Walton - Ted Hankey
    Q4 Gary Robson - Martin Adams

Have to say that it's a quality lineup and should be some good matches. I think they all will be very close matches and are tough to call. Would like to see Anderson, Fitton, Hankey and Robson to go through.

Should be some close ones alright, gonna go for Anderson, Walton, Robson and probably Fitton. Adams will have to improve if he wants to getthrough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Looks like Gulliver will win the womens title again, she won 2-0 over Krappen in the first semi

Tony O'Shea stole the first set. Anderson looks the better player I must say!!!

• Advertisement

3-0 to O' Shea. This is a hammering.

Get this, O'Shea 3-0 Anderson, doubles really letting him down:mad:
    Dammit too slow

will be a bit happier going into the break after getting that set.

Now on the topic of PDC/BDO, my 8yo just asked me why are they playing no music when they went for their break, explained to him the reason.
    His answer back was "BBC is rubbish, if I was allowed to go to one, I would want to go to the other one, it looked more crack"

My 8yo has spoken:D

PS. He does not want Anderson or O'Shea to win as they both have man u players names:D

shiibata wrote: »
    PS. He does not want Anderson or O'Shea to win as they both have man u players names:D

Your son is a legend!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭brick tamland

4-3 to O'Shea now

hope i get to see the end of this. 8 o'clock looms large:(

Anderson out, maybe the Premier League Wildcards will be named tomorrow.

Hope Fitton comes back and beats Waites!

Nice one, Fitton was losing 4-2 and looked dead and buried, came back to win 5-4. His doubles were rubbish through out the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ManyQuestions

Fitton V O'Shea now....should be good.

Shamrock missing off O'Shea's shirt. Odd. First thing he pointed to when I met him the first time.

Where's George gone? Not working this year? Anyone know why?
    Bit annoying, but entertainingly so.

Shamrock missing off O'Shea's shirt. Odd. First thing he pointed to when I met him the first time.

Where's George gone? Not working this year? Anyone know why?
    Bit annoying, but entertainingly so.

He is unfortunately, he seems to be commentating on every second match.

Seen them both interviewed last night,I think it was mentioned last night that Fitton was O'Sheas best man at his wedding.

• Advertisement

Delighted Fitton managed to get through, I think he is a quality player on his day and a top bloke. Met him in Shell Garage in Dalkey one day for some odd reason and had a chat with him. Bit of a crowd favourite as well and has the ability to win a World Title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Was watching this match on the red button last night and Ted Hankey made a comment which for me sums up the BDO. He was asked by Tony Green whilst doing commentary what his training schedule was like, he said well I did about 45 minutes today, 30 minutes the day before and I might go for the full hour tomorrow seeing as I have a world championship quarter final match later that day.

Both Hankey and Greene sounded like they were doing commentary from the back of a library and absolutely no crowd atmosphere came across, In fairness the first 4 sets were fairly tame.(Fitton V Waites)

Tony Greene really annoys me as a commentator! Sometimes his knowledge of darts is awful he why does he practically whisper into the microphone? He hardly ever gets excited, even when a 180 is scored sometimes he completely ignores it because he is off talking about something else.

I wonder why John Part isn't commentating this year? He is a quality commentator.

Tony Greene really annoys me as a commentator! Sometimes his knowledge of darts is awful he why does he practically whisper into the microphone? He hardly ever gets excited, even when a 180 is scored sometimes he completely ignores it because he is off talking about something else.

I wonder why John Part isn't commentating this year? He is a quality commentator.

Don't think he was either last year?

Degag wrote: »
    Don't think he was either last year?

He was not present last year as he won the PDC World championships and wanted time to enjoy his win and I don't think the BDO would like to be talking about his win with PDC being their rivals.

Friday, 9 January, 2009
    Lakeside World Championship, Frimley Green, England:

Men's Quarter-finals:

Ted Hankey (Eng) bt John Walton (Eng) 5-1

Martin Adams (Eng) bt Gary Robson (Eng) 5-4

Women’s Final:

Francis Hoenselaar (Ned) bt Trina Gulliver (Eng) 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Friday, 9 January, 2009
    Lakeside World Championship, Frimley Green, England:

Women’s Final:

Francis Hoenselaar (Ned) bt Trina Gulliver (Eng) 2-1

This pleases me, i turn off the damn tv everytime they have TG on it, the golden girl my a***, beats nobody for years and then once a decent player comes along ( Anastastia) she gets beat and then says "id like to have her here this year, i told her she would only have it for one year"

O'Shea wins 6-4, shame I thought Fitton would come back!

He was not present last year as he won the PDC World championships and wanted time to enjoy his win and I don't think the BDO would like to be talking about his win with PDC being their rivals.

Don't know about that... when he won his second championship he commentated with the BDO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

O'Shea wins 6-4, shame I thought Fitton would come back!

That was a lot of fun to watch.

Advertisement