Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeside 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

ratinakeg wrote: »
    O'Shea wins 6-4, shame I thought Fitton would come back!

Shame because O' Shea acts like a six year old with his overuse of his nickname, Hankey will beat him in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Hankey - O Shea Final
    Looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 shuggashugga

BDO = Boring Darts Organisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

unknown13 wrote: »
    Shame because O' Shea acts like a six year old with his overuse of his nickname, Hankey will beat him in the final

Funny .....I was thinking the same think about Hankey LOL

Funny .....I was thinking the same think about Hankey LOL

Hankey does it at the start but I don't mind because I quiete like his entrance music but O Shea comes out with rubbish entrance music and then bangs his chest in front of the crowd every few minutes. Hankey is like Mardle and Manley with a big entrance but the difference is he is much better than both players

• Advertisement

Did anyone here the crap that the commentators were saying: "Stockport is the capital of Darts".
    I wonder what Taylor , Lewis , Mason , Hamilton and Hankey will be saying about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Now where is my Bling Sling.......

unknown13 wrote: »
    Did anyone here the crap that the commentators were saying: "Stockport is the capital of Darts".
    I wonder what Taylor , Lewis , Mason , Hamilton and Hankey will be saying about that

They were reading the sign that O'Shea and Fitton's wives had on their table. They must have shown it two dozen times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Fill your boots on Hankey, he'll mop off O'Shea, 7-3 i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

what time is the final on? I haven't watched any of Lakeside this year. I think PDC has a big advantage not only because the standard is higher but because people are off work and have nothing better to do than watch darts :)

• Advertisement

syngindub wrote: »
    what time is the final on? I haven't watched any of Lakeside this year. I think PDC has a big advantage not only because the standard is higher but because people are off work and have nothing better to do than watch darts :)

Obviously, you haven't seen the latest unemployment figures. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

BDO = Boring Darts Organisation

You haven't watched it this year then have you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

final starts at 5.50 tonight on bbc2.....im on a hankey manu double today....pays nearly 7/2......get on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Think Hankey will win myself as long as he can hit hi doubles. He has much better scoring power than o' Shea. Still I think it will be closer than people think, Hankey 7-5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Was surprised to see Keith Deller there on Friday night, needless to say nothing said about how he earns his living these days, probably living off the 8 grand he won in 1983. It's a quite unbelieveable final, I think Hankey was around 50/1 at the start, having said that he threw good darts on Friday, didn't see the semi but sounded good. He actually has a lovely throwing action, eyes glued to the board and a very classic release. Still though at the end of today he could well have the same amount of world titles as Dennis Priestley, doesn't sound right to me.

Nooooooooooooooooooo..............
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTEv4FuEZfw

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

What the F&*k is with Hankeys Theme song! What the hell does it have to do with a vampire?? or anything for that matter?!

Stop buckling Hankey ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

This is an absolute classic.

Are you fcuking kidding me, 6 darts in the leg for the title, what a bottler, deserves to lose after that.

• Advertisement

I am going for O'Shea, come on Tony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

just backed shea at 16/1 when hankey had a two leg lead. he must have been at least 1000/1 when hankey missed his six.

Oh well harsh on Tony.

I've noticed two errors tonight with the scoring most notably;
    Hankey got 140 but was announced 100 and that score stood.
    Was it a fix:confused:
    I'm not sure!

This is my territory, be on yer way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Very entertaining final. And here was me questioning whether to watch it or not. Say what you want about the BDO, but that's the 2nd year in a row that they've had a more entertaining final than the PDC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

I bet Mr Hankey did a few Christmas Poos there

File:Hankey_flush.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

ah well,ye have to say wankey deserved it in the end.

leggo wrote: »
    Very entertaining final. And here was me questioning whether to watch it or not. Say what you want about the BDO, but that's the 2nd year in a row that they've had a more entertaining final than the PDC.

John Part / Kirk Shepard was horrible.
    Barney couldn't hit a set winning double in one of the worst games I saw [Glen Moody / Niels De Ruiter was the worst game I saw] but I still prefer the PDC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

jossnjuice wrote: »
    final starts at 5.50 tonight on bbc2.....im on a hankey manu double today....pays nearly 7/2......get on.

cheers mate, did just this:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Fair play to Hankey.........he has thrown some good darts over the week........as said above I really like his throwing action......very smooth.

Advertisement