Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeon Keeper 3

Options
  • 07-12-2008 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard the scéal regarding DK3? Apparently they're making an MMO out of our precious, long awaited game (also they're giving it to EA and only releasing it in Asia.

Does this seem crazy to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Jaysus. I heard something about Bullfrog going out of business, maybe being absorbed by EA. Not sure. The first one was a brilliant game. I spent ages playing it and building rooms and tweaking things so I had the perfect dungeon. If they **** this up, which I believe they have a good chance of doing, I'll be pissed. Why is it just being released in Asia?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bastards utter utter souless bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

This displeases me a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

After EA bought out Bullfrog, they claimed the rights to any further DK games.

And recently they sold the rights to a Chinese games company, mainly producing MMO's, so they could make a MMO out of it.

Epic failz, EA, epic failz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

DK1 is one of the best games. Actually make that the Bullfrog games were the best! Such a dark sense of humour and a great twist of playing the bad guy. Can't beat the in-game action too...

Sometimes I prefer when they leave my classic games alone - Worms, Sensible Soccer, DK, Theme Park........*sigh*

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Here's Kotaku's story on it

This is not Dungeon Keeper 3. This is sacrelige. No jury in the world would convict the person who ends up firebombing EA headquarters now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

It seems silly dunnit? I mean, I think they would make a decent pile of bob if they did this the proper way and gave us a shiny new traditional style Dungeon keeper.

Advertisement