Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for iPod Touch in Newry

• 07-12-2008 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, I was in Newry today, and noticed that Sainsburys we're giving 90p to the Euro. From this rate i could get an iPod Touch(32GB) for €322 v. the Irish price of €370, unfortunatly Sainsburys do not sell them.
    Does anyone know any place up North that has a similar exchange rate, and sells iPod Touches, because €45 is alot now-a-days is quite a lot.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Got one for the wife here from dabs.ie. Delivered in a few days. Todays price is €317.85. P&P is €12.66.

Boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

You'll save €20 or so by goin online, but you'll lose the ability to walk into a shop and do what I'm gonna be doin next week (see link below)

You won't get one in any Argos without gettin lucky/ringin n reservin as stock comes in. I would recommend HMV, but see said post:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58182369&postcount=1330

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

pjjk wrote: »
    Hi, I was in Newry today, and noticed that Sainsburys we're giving 90p to the Euro. From this rate i could get an iPod Touch(32GB) for €322 v. the Irish price of €370, unfortunatly Sainsburys do not sell them.
    Does anyone know any place up North that has a similar exchange rate, and sells iPod Touches, because €45 is alot now-a-days is quite a lot.
    Thanks in advance

You'll probably get close to 90p for a euro if you just get cash from a cashpoint - then shop wherever is cheapest. Or use a credit card if you have one.

Dixons online are selling it for £254 - but you might not get that in a "real" Dixions. There is one in Buttercrane in Newry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭pjjk

Thanks for all the replies.
    I will probably use the bureau de change in the Buttercrane(http://www.bureaudechangebuttercrane.com/rates.php), there giving between 84-85p for the euro.
    I also have a 10% off Student Zavvi card, which I was thinking of using, but does anyone know if the 10% still works when buying from the iPod range, all it says is that it excludes consoles and vouchers, no mention of MP3 players, but realistically I still don't think it would work.
    Thanks again for all the replies,
    Patrick

Advertisement