Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good touch and feel books for toddler?

Options
  • 07-12-2008 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

We only had a few, Little Teddy left behind is good but maybe a bit too old depends what level of reading the child is at, it is one of those velour type textures, and another called Owl learns to fly or something like that.
    For basics we had Thats not my truck, has a load of different textures in the book, but is quite basic, good for starting off with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

My DD is 16 months and loves the book mentioned above. There is a whole range of 'That's not my.....' books. There are about 20 different ones
    You get them in Eason and are about €8 each. They are chunky,sturdy board books. My DD has the monkey,pony and fairy one

So for example one page will be 'That's not my monkey, his feet are too smooth' and it has a pic of a monkey with satiny-type material for feet. And then 'That's not my monkey, his tail is too velvety' and it has a picture of a monkey with a long velvety tail. My DD loves them and loves to feel all the textures.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

dools wrote: »
    My DD is 16 months and loves the book mentioned above. There is a whole range of 'That's not my.....' books. There are about 20 different ones
    You get them in Eason and are about €8 each. They are chunky,sturdy board books. My DD has the monkey,pony and fairy one

So for example one page will be 'That's not my monkey, his feet are too smooth' and it has a pic of a monkey with satiny-type material for feet. And then 'That's not my monkey, his tail is too velvety' and it has a picture of a monkey with a long velvety tail. My DD loves them and loves to feel all the textures.

D

I got four of these in a slip case in Mamas and Papas in Dundrum for 12 euros. My 10 month old can't pass them by with stopping to leaf through them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

We have the not my lion and car boks....definitely recommend them. get a lot of use and stand up to being thrown about.

Advertisement