Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street legal or not?

• 07-12-2008 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Is a quad bike/ dirt bike like the one i gave the specs to just under this street legal in Ireland with a learners permit? if not why?

witch of theese are street legal? and witch are the best in terms of controlling/speed/safety..
    -dirt bikes
    -scrambler
    -pit bikes

this legal? >>>>>>>> http://quadbikes.ie/rexton-125-killer/

any suggestions about a good cheap good lookin bike i could get ? --> mabey a link or pics?

thanks!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

highly doubt theyre street legal..

only meant for a doss anyway, I'd say they'd be in bits in <1000 miles of actual use

get yourself a second hand jap bike (honda, suzi, kwack, yam) imo - nsr80/125, xr125, bros, dt125 etc etc. Admittedly they'll cost more in the beginning, but at least you'll make something back when you go to sell, unlike the chinese muck that'll melt the first time you forget to put a cover on...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Red Hornet

Not road legal due to havin no lights and since they are only ment for off road use they have d different VAT duty. It is possible to make them road legal by adding lights and mirrors and road tyres but you would also have to reg it for road use which means getting it certifed and paying tax on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 alex020291

how much would the lights and tax an all this cost?
    i really like the way they look.
    always wanted a bike an ima have my test end of december an im planing on buying one.
    Do u have any sugestions for any i could buy not too expencive maby one that looks a bit like a dirt bike? :D
    would apreciate!

You should e-mail d company and ask if they do a road legal version. Lights wouldnt be that much to buy M&P.co.uk do everything u would need to get it ready for the road(lights and mirrors) i don't know who you would go to, to get it certed for road use. Most of the bike manufactures do trials bikes that are road legal. What size engine you lookin for?

max 125 cc cos i won't b allowed with more on a learners license.

• Advertisement

Do you have an A or A1 licence?

im gon have my test in a week so that would be an A1 from what i know. passing is not a problem :)

Have you looked at the Yamaha DT125. Honda do a 125 trials/road bike too?

Yamaha DT125 looks sweet? wats the prices on that? street legal right? :D

Yamaha DT125 costs E4678. Road Legal. You would find a good second hand one if you don't wanna spend that much.

• Advertisement

nice. :) thanks alot u wer alot of help!

No probs glad to be able to help. How much u lookin to spend??? U could check out Biker.ie for used bikes as well.

ill have a look. i'll have @ 1.5k ill see what i can get :)

thanks again!

No probs anytime

Advertisement