Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre late shopping?

Options
  • 07-12-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Thinking of bringing in the family on Tuesday night to see the lights in the city centre.
    Anyone know if the shops are open late on Tuesday night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's normally Thursday and Friday, can't imagine retailers putting more staff hours through the books at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Debenhams and Brown Thomas will be open.
    Don't know about the rest, it's a bit early yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Penneys and HMV will be open until 9pm. Unsure about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Pikasso wrote: »
    Thinking of bringing in the family on Tuesday night to see the lights in the city centre.

I'm glad some families still think the lights are magical. :) I remember how excited I'd get about Todd's windows at Christmas when I was a kid... Anyone else remember them? And queuing to see Santa in Todd's too of course. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

boomerang wrote: »
    I'm glad some families still think the lights are magical. :) I remember how excited I'd get about Todd's windows at Christmas when I was a kid... Anyone else remember them? And queuing to see Santa in Todd's too of course. :p

Possibly if the lights were worth going to see. They are all the same except for the shops like Keanes with their own.

Coming in Patrick street you are greeted with the Merry Christmas from Limerick City which says "Me y Chr s fro Lim k"

I dont remember going to see Santa as a child but have the pictures to prove it. Todds and Newsoms were the main places to go for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Debenhams and Brown Thomas will be open.
    Don't know about the rest, it's a bit early yet.

You sure about Debenhams on Tuesday. Never did when I worked there until the week before Christmas.

Apologies...you're correct
    http://www.debenhamsdev.com/live/store-locator/frame_details.php?storeid=97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

tuesday? i thought culchie's day is the 8th? ;)

just kidding! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

boomerang wrote: »

+1

Todds did it well back then, but I'm 43.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

tuesday? i thought culchie's day is the 8th? ;)

just kidding! :)

That's why I'm going on the 9th!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh god today is farmers day isnt it? man I used to hate working in town on that day, people think its a long gone tradition but its still alive and kicking, all the muck savages travel into the big shmoke to buy vdvs and vidyeo tapes about showbands and pat shortt, *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ninty9er wrote: »
    You sure about Debenhams on Tuesday. Never did when I worked there until the week before Christmas.

Apologies...you're correct
    http://www.debenhamsdev.com/live/store-locator/frame_details.php?storeid=97
    debenhams should be boycotted anyway because of their ridiculous "paddy tax". if they display sterling prices, they should be forced to accept sterling. minimum of 1/3 mark up at the moment. friend saw watch on website for £90. its 170euro in town.

Advertisement