Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Broadband Reception

• 07-12-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm living on Tory Island, 9 miles off the North West coast. I have a microwave based phone system which gives me a 56Kbps connection speed to the internet. I got myself an O2 wireless modem (Huawei E270), to increase my signal strength. I cannot get broadband connection strength because of my distance from the nearest mast. I am lucky to get onto the edge network at 256Kbps. My last speed.net check gave me a download speed of 45Kbps. So much for upgrading.
    Is it possible to get a high gain broadband antenna or dish to help focus my signal reception. I know you can get booster for radio and TV, but I'm not sure if its possible for broadband. If its possible to get an antenna I presume I will have to change my modem, as the Huawei does not have an antenna port.
    Has anyone used an antenna to booster their broadband signal reception before, if so have you any advice??

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement