Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M50 charges

• 07-12-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

hi
    Checked my easypass account today and I was charged 2.80 for using the m50 toll bridge south bound and 2 north bound. I have a car and thought the charge was 2.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Or have any guesses as to why I paid 2.80?
    Thanks

Comments

I have €2.80 on my statement, but I went through the M4 toll and €2 for the M50.

Did you use the M4 toll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I have 2.80 on my statement, but I went through the M4 toll and 2 for the M50.

Did you use the M4 toll?
    It was definitely the m50, amd that is what it says on statement. Guess I am goong to have to call dreaded easypass :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 REPLICATORS

Your asking about an extra charge.
    I came up to Dublin for the first time in 20 odd years, came of the moter way and on to the M50, Just my luck. My first time driving to dublin and road works every where. I saw a sign for toll road ahead but never came to the tool point turned of at my exit. Any way had a great time and went back home to Clare at the end of the weekend.
    Funny today I got a letter charging me and thretening to go legal if I dont pay for using a road. How can you charge someone for driving on a road with out advertising or advising. I called that flow company who told me it was on tv years ago ??? and adverts were sent to peoples homes again never got one ??? but any way i said sur its only 6 quid where do i go to pay :) she told me killaloo and hours drive away from my home.
    Their web page says its a pay point free system to avoid fustration, Ha more like R.O.I alover. Could you imagin going in to a pub for a pint and on your way been told "that will be 10 quid for the stay thank you" :eek: i think the people in Dublin ned to stand up for their rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you manage not to see the repeated, huge signs explaining how to pay? If you're that inattentive on the road....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

REPLICATORS I think you need to get your head out of the sand!!

A few months ago the M50 toll was changed from a toll booth system to a video toll system, where your license plate number is read by the computers attached to the video cameras. You are then supposed to pay by phone, internet or in a shop before 8pm the next day (that is assuming you haven't pre-paid via the internet or gotten a freeflow tag).

The benefit of all this is that there is no toll booth to stop at on the M50 and therefore the traffic moves much faster.

I don't know how you could have missed all of this, it was all over the TV, newspapers and radio talk shows a few months ago when first introduced. In fact most people got annoyed it was being talked about so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 REPLICATORS

Dont get me wrong the idea that you dont have to stop to pay is a good idea however unfourtunatly weather you like it or not i have never heard of it before until now and as i said it was my first time to dublin.
    And yes as i said i did see a toll sign however rather than reading long discriptions on a sign at night when there are road works going on and cars all around i didnt think it a good idea to stop to read it. i wasent on the road for long pretty much came on to it and of again after two or three exits. My issue is that they are charging wrongly and getting away with it.
    They claim to have a 98% pass with the system, that means if 10,000 cars pass by each day thats 200 incorrcet charges. then we all say a sure its only 3.00 why bother complaining hey do the math. Remember, you i belive live in Dublin where it would be local news and would have plenty of pay points to pay. i would have to drive for over two hours to pay my bill and fine for something i knew nothing about. its suposed to be a stress free system to reduce congestion, how can me spending another two hours on the road help congestion in ireland. I been all around europe and have seen plenty of tolls that use paypoints on the road and have never seen delays been caused by them and if there was then they just open them to release the traffic. For that same reason i dont like using my card on line giving my details to andther creaming company. Did you know thats how most online companys and these mad ring tone companys maker their money. They just take a little but a lot of them. The people either dont care or are to embaressed to say anything because they feel too stupid or embaressed because they have been to those little sights for a bit of fun but wouldnt dream of going leagel to stop it for fear of embarsment. i know about the M50 now and wont be using it again but what i do know is i called the consumers board today and they have informed me there is a big case coming up aginest efolw due to this wrong doing that apparntly there are thousands of people with the same issue but hey maby we all have our heads in the sand standing up for whats right.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

i would have to drive for over two hours to pay my bill

You don't. You have a computer, just go to their website and pay instead of spending so much time on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Theres as many - or, really - as few Payzone points doing the tolling in rural areas as there are in Dublin.

There are NO roadworks along the tolled section of road - and the biggest text on the signs is "PAY BY 8PM NEXT DAY" - I'd think most people would then look to see what on earth they meant by that...
    ardmacha wrote: »
    You don't. You have a computer, just go to their website and pay instead of spending so much time on boards.

He's said he's unwilling to do that, for rambling reasons that make no sense whatsoever, involving ringtones :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Replicators declares......
    hey maby we all have our heads in the sand standing up for whats right.

Hey steady on people,this may be a provincial minded person,BUT..they DO have a valid point :mad:

No matter what we say on boards etc...we are at a point where we now have folks wagging reproving fingers at another user for daring to challenge the NRA`s Toll regieme.

The M50 Toll has its basis in crookery and illegality.
    It was devised as little more than a scheme to force ordinary citizens to massively enrich a particular company and its associated crew of Political and Business hangers-on.

As a Scam,the issue of Tolls in Ireland has been Massively successful and looks like progressing smoothly onto the next phase.

How about putting the Toll issue to a referendum,a là Manchester...or would that strike a blow against democracy causing the collapse of society as we know it ?

Yes indeed we could include it as a double-header with their beloved Lisbon Treaty and really make the establishment squirm as the manually collected votes came in....OH...Ooops sorry I forgot...recognising the will of the electorate is not a good thing if it does`nt match the will of the Political leadership...silly me.

Liam Lawlor,George Redmond,Padraig Flynn and God alone knows how many other Irish Administrative "Stars" played pivotal roles in the establishment of this rotten rancid little Toll scheme....that`s enough for me to say Fair Play to Ye Replicators !!!! :mad::D:D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

If you were travelling outside the country for the first time in twenty years, you would be expected to be up to date with current legislation regarding passports (for instance having one!) and what you can carry onto the plane and in your checked in baggage. It is your responsibility to find out and be prepared.

Just like it was your responsibility to find out about the M50 tolling system. Seriously, you would to have lived in a ditch not to know that the system had changed, and given that you have access to the internet, I doubt this to be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Dont get me wrong the idea that you dont have to stop to pay is a good idea however unfourtunatly weather you like it or not i have never heard of it before until now and as i said it was my first time to dublin.
    And yes as i said i did see a toll sign however rather than reading long discriptions on a sign at night when there are road works going on and cars all around i didnt think it a good idea to stop to read it.

Ah well lesson learned. The next time you're on roads you don't know, read the signs. Don't just assume they're for people who live there. If you were going too fast to read the signs then you're going too fast. You don't have to aim for the speed limit, you are allowed to slow down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

AlekSmart wrote: »

No matter what we say on boards etc...we are at a point where we now have folks wagging reproving fingers at another user for daring to challenge the NRA`s Toll regieme.

Is he daring to challenge it or pleading ignorance? They're not the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i think there is a case for occasional users (say up to 3 times a year*) to have free access so that we dont have to scour the country to find a pay point

*ie me....:D

ps..no I am not serious....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

i think there is a case for occasional users (say up to 3 times a year*) to have free access so that we dont have to scour the country to find a pay point

There`s more than a case for Corktina`s suggestion.

I would go far further and issue every registered full licence holder with a €100 cash rebate to compensate them for the years of barely legal robbery they have already been required to endure in order to prop up and propagate the wealth of a few well placed wide-boys and their estates.....

Ou est le Guillotiene... :D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement