Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luke Kelly Appreciation Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Thanks neil_hosey, the rubber tit story made my day.:D

:D he had a few other stories about him, ill ask him at the weekend and report back with any new ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭lanternchikk

neil_hosey wrote: »
    :D he had a few other stories about him, ill ask him at the weekend and report back with any new ones!

Oh yes, please do so! And just out of curiosity: how old is your grandpa, and how old are you? (I'm 25; as I posted before, I was just a few months old when Luke died.)
    Also, re: Luke being grumpy. I read and heard quite a few times that in the last few years of his life, when he was with Madeleine Seiler, he became much more "reclusive", but was still an extremely generous person nevertheless (e.g. "quietly paying off" the mortgage of a friend who had "fallen on hard times"). He also became a very heavy drinker in his mid-to-late 20s, which might partly explain the "hardly tolerating people before 2pm" or "not being a morning person at all" bit.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Oh yes, please do so! And just out of curiosity: how old is your grandpa, and how old are you? (I'm 25; as I posted before, I was just a few months old when Luke died.)
    Also, re: Luke being grumpy. I read and heard quite a few times that in the last few years of his life, when he was with Madeleine Seiler, he became much more "reclusive", but was still an extremely generous person nevertheless (e.g. "quietly paying off" the mortgage of a friend who had "fallen on hard times"). He also became a very heavy drinker in his mid-to-late 20s, which might partly explain the "hardly tolerating people before 2pm" or "not being a morning person at all" bit.;)

Im 22, my granda is 78. He only knew him up until the kellys moved to whitehall. My greatgranny looked after luke when his ma was in working. There were other stories but that one stuck by me because it was so funny. he wouldnt have known Luke as an adult.. just as a kid.

My granda has alot of other stories about some of the characters around dublin like johnney 40 coats and bang bang.. i said i would write them down some time.. just need to find the time to do it.. :D

Most of the Dubliners turned into what i suppose alot of people would call alcoholics but it was just part of the scene they were in at the time. You wouldnt want to come near me before 12 or 1 if i was on the lash the night before, so i can definately relate to that. :D

Advertisement