Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for people who've studied/are studying with Open Uni (UK)

• 07-12-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey

im doing a psych course with them, which im finding great so far.
    However im a little behind. I had heard that the chapters covered in the TMA's dont appear again in the exam...can anyone tell me if they found this to be true in their experience?
    Its just in my next TMA we have a choice between doing a question on one of 2 chapters...ive already decided which question im doing, so in order to help myself catch up im wondering if i dont have to write up so much notes for the other? (to help myself around exam time, im trying to write my notes for each chapter as i do them. If it wont appear in the exam then i can just do a short summary)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kitkat.3b4t

Hi
    I graduated from OU in 2006. Usually OU students are given a list of chapters which will come up in the exam and generally this is not the ones covered in TMAs. I dont know if this is the case for Developmental Psychology however. You should check with your tutor.

It is a good idea to read and make sure you understand the information presented in all chapters because this will be to your advantage in the long term. When it comes to the exam you will probably have to concentrate on circa 5 chapters in dept but this will not be the case with all modules so find out the requirments for the module you are currently studying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I can only speak for the psychology degree; at levels 1 and 2 the chapters covered by TMA's won't always come up in the exam, but at level 3 (final year level) ANY chapter or topic can come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

thanks everyone:)

Advertisement