Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have expired Three usb modem the fat one can I purchase a Three sim for pre pay

• 07-12-2008 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Basically as the title says have a old 3 usb modem does any one know where I can purchase a prepaid sim for the modem. It is locked to 3 as I bought one from the uk and the seller said it would work but didnt. My sim card from my three phone works fine. But I wan to get a sim for it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

is it locked to 3 UK if so you'll need to unlock it to 3 ireland, suggest http://www.dc-unlocker.com/ it'll set you back about €15 euro but the modem will then be open to all networks...

your 3 sim will work(i think) as long as you have a data add on....

Edit, you can get the 3 sim on the 3 website or any 3 store...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Sorry I may have confused the matter. The modem is a Irish one the sim from ebay was uk one I thought it would work.

So I can get a sim from three to turn it into a pre pay broadband.

I already have a 1 gig allowance on my phone its also three but I want to give the modem to my dad as he would use it alot more

Can you give me a link to the sim to purchase as I can only find the voice one.

Psygnosis wrote: »

Can you give me a link to the sim to purchase as I can only find the voice one.

The Voice one will do, just activate the €25pm data add on and it'll work in the modem for you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Cool now one more question for you. I really appreciate this, I will pick up a sim tommorow but was wondering. My phone is a three phone.

When I was in Donegal at the weekend (this is were it will be used most) the phone did not pickup a 3g signal just got full bars on the gprs will this work with the modem even if a little slow its only for browsing/?

No the Modem will not work on GPRS, When your on GPRS your roaming on Vodafones network, no data is allowed unfourtnatley as they only have a voice and text agreement....

• Advertisement
Advertisement