Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two questions, pool and music practice areas

• 07-12-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Instead of making two threads I'll put both my questions in here.

Firstly, I've a friend who's looking to play pool around Maynooth somewhere, but he's not in the college. Is there anywhere in Maynooth (besides the SU) that has pool tables?

Secondly, is there anywhere on campus that can be used as a practice room for a band? Full band that is, guitars, drums etc..., bringing our own equipment, and one of us is studying music. Just for rehearsing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The Snooker and Pool club is in Rye. You need to be a student to be a member though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

hey,
    im in nuim, and in a band. tbh im not sure if there is anywhere on campus to practice. we started uning a rehearsal room in clondalkin last week, if one of ye has a car it mite be handy for ye, it isnt thast far from maynooth. there are 2 guitar amps (marahall avt 100, and a laney, cant remember the medel), a bass amp (around a 100 watt combo), perl drumkit (need to bring snare, kick pedal and symbols), and a pa with a dynacord desk. Ye can bring your own amps if ye want. It cost us €50 for 4 hours (6pm-10pm).
    If you want i could pm you the phone number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

mp3guy wrote: »
    Instead of making two threads I'll put both my questions in here.

Firstly, I've a friend who's looking to play pool around Maynooth somewhere, but he's not in the college. Is there anywhere in Maynooth (besides the SU) that has pool tables?

Maynooth GAA club (up the Moyglare Road a ways, just off to the left) has a pool table, or at least it did the several years ago that I used to drink there. Darts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 arid

There are soundproof band practice rooms in the SU.

Also I'm pretty sure the Leinster Arms has pool tables. One of the pubs around there definitely does anyway if that's not the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

arid wrote: »

Also I'm pretty sure the Leinster Arms has pool tables. One of the pubs around there definitely does anyway if that's not the one.

I was by the SU a few times and I thought they closed the sound rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

arid wrote: »

It does but it's closed down at the min.

Advertisement