Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesco Fuel - Inferior?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Sounds like your reducing the varaibles .

Its also useful to know what make of car engine size type and what year approx

For example older cars might have less issue with more dirty fuels as they tend not to be injection types .Also older cars often dont have oxyegen sensor to get clogged up with more dirty fuel.So one brand of fuel which is full for crud and low as in 3% ethanol might have no issues compared to other fuels in some types of cars probably older with lowwer comprssion ratios and could have huge differences in other cars more like for new cars with injectors higher compression and computers etc

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i think its all down to personal choice, but all i know is if i fill up with tesco diesel and leave my big dirty 4x4 overnight it starts rough as hell next morning and wont behave till it heats up properly,

if i fill up at the local maxol or applegreen it starts just fine in the morning, no matter how cold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

If this is to be settled, one would need two cars the exact same and no outside variables. Which hasn't be done yet. In my opinion, I don't see the problem seeing as most of us arn't driving super cars. A few MPG lost for a significant cost saving? Personal choice I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What 'considerable cost saving'? Tesco Maynooth either matches or is noticable more expensive than any other local station. Was a 4c differential on both petrol and diesel over Esso for a few days (97.9/95.9 vs 93.9/91.9) a while ago. It hasn't been cheaper than Applegreen in Celbridge for even a day in the past year I'd wager.

Advertisement