Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - New Year's Eve

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

ah really :(

i have always wanted to ringing the new year at christchurch. this is the first year i will be around since i moved to DUblin

crapola:(:(
    It's not that bad. I'm doing the same this year. Kicking afternoon off in a Pub (3quid a pint pub!)off to house party in apartment around corner, off to bells in christchurch then back to house party. We've a band lined up for the early hours. Did the same a few times and hadn't noticed too dodgy a crowd at christchurch. A few skangs but not on a Funderland scale. Handy for scoring other earthly substances.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

humberklog wrote: »
    Kicking afternoon off in a Pub (3quid a pint pub!)
    A certain establishment in Upper Stephen Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I will be in Kolding, Denmark.. NYE is sh*t here

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

It's not that bad. I'm doing the same this year. Kicking afternoon off in a Pub (3quid a pint pub!)off to house party in apartment around corner, off to bells in christchurch then back to house party. We've a band lined up for the early hours. Did the same a few times and hadn't noticed too dodgy a crowd at christchurch. A few skangs but not on a Funderland scale. Handy for scoring other earthly substances.

hmmmmmmm, souds very similar to my plan, are you going to my party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭smilingeyerish

Nico22 wrote: »
    Last year was my fav New Year's Eve of my life :)

Seen The Frames play from 11 to 1am in Vicar St. Then taxi to Whealen's were I even pulled :)

I just checked ticketmaster and there is nothing on this year - no idea what I'll do. Anyone know of any gigs or anything?

Nico

ive went to see the frames at their NYE gig a few times and its always good, they not playing this year though :-(

but the coronas are playing in coppers on NYE this year, €15 entrance fee

but its in coppers....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

but the coronas are playing in coppers on NYE this year, €15 entrance fee

but its in coppers and it's the coronas....

FYP.

I'm getting out of Dublin for New Year's. It's always gack in town.

A certain establishment in Upper Stephen Street?
    That's the one!
    Should be a bit of a culture shock for some of the gang.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

That's the one!
    Should be a bit of a culture shock for some of the gang.

Does that place have an extremely cheap food menu in the window?I've passed it a couple of times..

Degsy wrote: »
    Does that place have an extremely cheap food menu in the window?I've passed it a couple of times..
    Yeah, very reasonable. It wouldn't be winning many awards though. But plenty of for the money.
    I eat simply when in bars though. I'm not a fan of the carvary experience. But you can get a plain roast beef(plenty of beef) on batch loaf with english mustard(horseradish) sambo and two pints of Guinness for 9 quid. Good earthly substainance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

Any advances on what events are on this New Years Eve?

I've booked a hotel (I guess I could always cancel and just lose the deposit) for myself and girlfriend that night so ideally would like to do something that evening in town. Thinking dinner somewhere then try find a decent pub somewhere central ish. Then Ice-Skating the day after, which might not be such a good idea if we have a hangover.

Trying to convince mates to come in and join us for drinks. Seems a hard task at the minute with people still undecided what they are doing for reasons already mentioned in previous posts about NYE in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Degsy wrote: »

If it's the place I'm thinking of they have a sign in the window today saying:

"Open On Christmas Day & New Year's Day'

It's accross the junction from The Hairy Lemon? (or the old William Tell if I wanna show my age :))

Here's a question .. anyone remember the pub accross from The William Tell where Break for the Border is now?

There used to be a hundred of us at 15 and 16 down the back of that place drinking on the floor. Mad place it was :D

Nico

Nico22 wrote: »
    If it's the place I'm thinking of they have a sign in the window today saying:

"Open On Christmas Day & New Year's Day'

It's accross the junction from The Hairy Lemon? (or the old William Tell if I wanna show my age :))
    That would be Stephen Street Lower. The place in question is the Restaurant Royale in Stephen Street Upper. ;)

StephenStreetUpperRestaurantRoya-1.jpg

Nico22 wrote:
    Here's a question .. anyone remember the pub accross from The William Tell where Break for the Border is now?
    Barclay Dunne's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Wishbone thank you! That was driving me crackers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Surely that place was called Bartley Dunnes not Barclay Dunnes?

Dufresne wrote: »
    Surely that place was called Bartley Dunnes not Barclay Dunnes?
    Yes, apologies! :o I don't know where I got the 'Barclay' from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 epkdub09

Nolanger wrote: »
    Cold, windy, and raining.

As a new comer here, huh, um, thanks for the heads-up weather-wise... ;)
    (Geez, where's the nearest exit??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

any pubs in dublin having live trad music for new years?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

hi
    i am planning to go out for a good new years eve party nite on wednesday nite
    anything good place to go out in dublin?

what is the best time to get entry into a nite club?
    any good suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cissymalfoy

I am DESPERATELY trying to find some TRANCE MUSIC anywhere in Dublin this New Years Eve. I have been reading some of the previous posts, and am beginning to come to the conclusion that i am wasting my time, as the general concensus is that Dublin City doesnt do New Years well. Anywho, despite this I am still hoping that perhaps there is someone out there who can help me. Does anyone anywhere know of any TRANCE music in Dublin on Wednesday night? Or is this a complete lost cause?
    Any suggestions would be whole-heartedly welcome....
    Thanks in advance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I am DESPERATELY trying to find some TRANCE MUSIC anywhere in Dublin this New Years Eve. I have been reading some of the previous posts, and am beginning to come to the conclusion that i am wasting my time, as the general concensus is that Dublin City doesnt do New Years well. Anywho, despite this I am still hoping that perhaps there is someone out there who can help me. Does anyone anywhere know of any TRANCE music in Dublin on Wednesday night? Or is this a complete lost cause?
    Thanks in advance...

Lost cause.

• Advertisement

Since New Year's isn't really celebrated in Dublin, are we supposed to see the stores open on Thursday? (hope so!)
    Some Centra's in my area mistook the Xmas holiday for "an excuse to close store for the rest of the year" :confused: and made us all walk several steps down just to get the basics (geez...) and I simply hope it's not like that for New Year's...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭jenny4385

hey...
    i have nothing to do for new years.. all my friends busy :(
    someone help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Thanks in advance...

i dont know about trance, but maybe you should check out Spy/Wax for new years. I wont be goin but it may be a bit of craic. More info here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055446450

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bryanodowd

hi
    i am planning to go out for a good new years eve party nite on wednesday nite
    anything good place to go out in dublin?

what is the best time to get entry into a nite club?
    any good suggestions?

Good places? Nowhere.

Suggestions: Get there early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Not sure if any clubs are doing anything special on new years eve, but on new years day there is a Graffiti party in SIN in Temple Bar, not sure if it's invite only or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

argh my plans have fallen through also so it looks like I will be in the city for new years. It baffles me how there is so little to do.

bryanodowd wrote: »
    Good places? Nowhere.

Suggestions: Get there early!

ROFL, bryan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

which is the best nite club to enter?
    i am ready to be there early :-(
    but want some good music and atmosphere
    any suggestions?
    is it D2, sugar club,copper face jacks?
    sorry donno much abt dublin nite outs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gretapl

can I ask,does any one know any houses to rent for new years eve?around meath or Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

I'd actually say the Saturday and especially the Sunday night of the new year weekend will be better nights out!

Advertisement