Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Milsim Game, The 5 Day War. Sunday 21 of December

Options
  • 08-12-2008 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

THE FIVE DAY WAR

Scenario 1

This scenario will simulate the Georgian army advancing into the South Ossetian capitol of Tskhinvali and the Russian Federation military operation to force them out.

Time Limit: 3 hours

The Setup:

Georgian forces players (Playing as the Georgian 4th Infantry Brigade) will begin deployed in the main game field and setup in or around the buildings (This area simulates the city of Tskhinvali). The entire field will be open to them except the lane which is out of bounds.

Russian forces players (Playing as the Russian Federation 58th Motorized Division) will begin the game in the safezone and enter the battlefield by making their way up the lane and emerging at the far end. This is the only point they may emerge from as the lane will represent the Roki tunnel that leads into South Ossetia and Tskhinvali.

Ammunition:

All magazines will be restricted to realistic loads.
    Standard mags (STANAG, AK, G36, etc.) 30 BB's, 33 BB's if the mags have no followers.
    Russian 45 round magazines 48 BB's
    Assault rifle drum mags (this includes the RPK drum) 110 BB's to allow for feed tube.
    Machine gun box mags (M249, M60, etc.) 210 BB's to allow for feed tube.
    Sniper rifles 10 BB's per mag.

Each player may carry a maximum of 10 standard magazines (Full battle loadout).
    Pistols +2 mags maximum. Rifle drum mags 3 maximum. Machine gun box mags 2 maximum.
    Sniper rifles 8 mags maximum.

Scenario Rules:

The georgian forces must stop the Russian forces from gaining control of the 3 critical locations (Town hall, Hospital, Supply dump) Russian forces must have at least one man at one of the critical locations for 5 minutes to capture it. If the russian forces are killed or pushed back from an objective it is recaptured in 1 minute. This requires at least one Georgian player to enter the location.

Special locations:

The blue cabin on left of the field is the hospital.
    The large killhouse in the center is the town hall.
    The barrels on the right of the field are a supply dump.

Special rules:

The Tunnel: None. Can Not be entered or captured by Georgian forces.

The supply dump: The controlling side may leave ammo resupplies at this location. All players on the controlling side may reload here instead of the safe zone. As soon as control is in doubt all supplies return to the safezone.

Town hall: None.

Hospital: Allows controlling side to name one player as a medic. The Medic may respawn downed players by knealing beside them for 1 minute, neither the medic nor the injured player may fire their weapon during this period. To use the medic a hit player must stop where he is shot and drop to a sitting or lying position and then call for the medic either by shout or by radio (Teammates may relay the call to the medic). The injured player may move but only by crawling to enter cover. If control of the hospital is lost the medic is lost and the medic player reverts to a normal trooper until control is regained.

Russian APC assault:
    Every 30 minutes the russians may attempt a motorized assault on one of the special locations. A maximum of 4 troopers may ride in the APC. The assault is performed by the Russian players preselecting which of the 3 special locations they wish to attack, they will then be ferried to within 20 feet of that location and dismount. The assaulters may not be fired upon while they are in the vehicle. As soon as the team dismounts the APC will return to the safezone.

Note: This is a special flanking attack that is initiated from the safezone. The Russians may not attempt an APC assault within the first 30 minutes of the scenario.

Deployment:

Russian forces enter the lane from the safezone and exit onto the battlefield at the opposite end. When a Russian player is eliminated they must exit the game field by direct route back to the safezone where they will respawn. Once respawned they must re-enter via the lane. Respawn time: 3 minutes

Georgian forces will enter and exit the field by direct route. Once eliminated they will return to the safezone to respawn. The lane is off limits to Georgian forces. Respawn time: 1 minute

Victory Conditions:

Georgians hold all locations at game end 2 pts
    Georgians hold two locations at game end 1 pt
    Russians hold all locations at game end 2 pts
    Russians hold two locations at game end 1 pt

Special equipment:

At least 4 stopwatches will be required for this scenario. 1 at the safezone counting down the 30 minutes after each APC assault. 1 for the designated medic to count 1 minute heals. 2 for the marshals to count 5 or 1 minute capture times. Flags to mark the special buildings

Scenario 2

Georgian 4th Infantry Brigade are still bombing Tskhinvali with Grad BM-21 122mm rocket artillery. Russian Federation 76th Pskov Airborne VDV division must destroy this rocket artillery.

Time limit: 1 hour

The Setup:

3 flags placed within the barrel area will represent 3 units of Grad rocket artillery. Georgian forces may deploy anywhere on the right of the game field up to the bus and may not advance beyond it. The lane is out of bounds.

Russian forces will deploy from the lane entering from the safezone end. They may enter the main game field from any point in the lane up to the bend. The second leg of the lane that runs the length of the game field is out of bounds.

Ammunition:

Standard mags (STANAG, AK, G36, etc.) 30 BB's, 33 BB's if the mags have no followers.
    Assault rifle drum mags (this includes the RPK drum) 110 BB's to allow for feed tube.

Pistols +2 mags maximum. Rifle drum mags 3 maximum. Machine gun box mags 2 maximum.

Scenario Rules:

Georgian forces must maintain a perimeter between the attacking Russians and the Grad artillery. They must prevent the Grads from being destroyed. Russian Forces are equiped with high explosives that may be set on a Grad by getting to the flag and holding onto it for 30 seconds, the sapper can not fire any weapons while laying the charge but may drop to a prone position while performing the operation. The explosive layer must shout "Setting charge" so a marshal can time the operation. If the countdown is a success the Marshal will shout "Charge set". If the sapper is hit and eliminated before the 30 seconds are up they fail to lay the charge and the timer is reset. If the attempt is succesful that Grad is destroyed and the flag removed from the field.

Special Locations: None

Special Rules: None

Deployment:

Russian forces will deploy through the lane from the safezone. When eliminated they will return to the safezone by direct route for respawn. Respawn timer 2 minutes.

Georgian forces will begin the scenario deployed to the field. When eliminated they will return to the safezone by direct route and reenter by direct route keeping to the right of the field. Respawn timer 2 minutes.

Victory Conditions:

Georgians; 1 point for each Grad intact at game end.

Russians; 1 point for each Grad destroyed at game end.

Special equipment:

Stopwatchs for the Marshals to count the explosive laying timers.

Scenario 3

Russian Federation forces (58th Motorized Division, 76th Pskov Airborne VDV division and Vostok and Zapad Battalions) are assaulting the Georgian town of Gori. Georgian 4th Infantry Brigade must protect the highway while civilians escape the city.

Time limit: 2 hours

The Setup:

The Lane will represent the highway escape route the Georgian forces must protect. The Lane and the first few sets of buildings near the right side lane exit (Will be defined on the day) will be open to Georgian forces.

The Russians will have access to the entire game field but may only enter the lane by the far right exit.

Ammunition:

Scenario Rules:

Georgian Troops must keep the escape route open as long as possible so civilians may escape. Russian forces must overrun the highway to cut off retreating Georgian troops by assaulting the Georgians at the entrance to the highway and pushing them back along it. The lane may neither be fired out of or into.

Special Locations: None

Special Rules: None

Deployment:

Russian forces will deploy from the safezone directly to the main game field keeping to the left or center until they reach the buildings. When eliminated they will return to the safezone by direct route for respawn. Respawn timer 1 minutes.

Georgian forces will begin the scenario deployed at the entrance to the highway. When Eliminated they will return to the safezone by either direct route or the lane whichever is closer to the safezone and reenter by the lane. Respawn timer 2 minutes.

Victory Conditions:

The Georgians will gain 1 point for every marker in the lane behind them at game end and 1 bonus point if no Russian forces are in the lane and at least 1 Georgian trooper is on the main game field.

The Russian will gain 1 point for every marker they have overrun in the lane at games end.

Special Equipment: None

NB: Russian forces may not advance beyond the Hawks base in the lane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Big thanks to Fiach of the MadraiArSeachran team

for the Scenario.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Sounds great, must organise some transport for this!

Real caps for pistols and sides too yeah?
    15 for an m9, 20 for a skorpion etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Sounds great, Paul.

Are we playing all 3 scenarios on the day?
    Start time?
    End time?
    Camo rules?
    (or at least armbands - especially after today's embarrassment :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

will definitely try to attend this one,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Deadly!!!

The day after i go away!

Same as the last Milsim..
    One day i'll get to go to a milsim..
    one day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Yeah Sam, real loads for sidearms too.

All these scenarios will be played on the day. The timelimits for each one should allow them to be completed and fit in a 30 minute lunch break if we get started no later then 11:00.

Camo:
    Russian camo or stuff that looks similar is preferable for the Russian side.

Marpat was worn by Georgian forces as well as Russian gear so Marpat or something close to it would be handy.

Loadouts:
    Russians would be using AK74's, AKM's, RPK's, etc. However if you don't have anything like that just bring what you have.

Georgians were using a number of G36's and Armalites aside from Russian equipment. If we could get mainly those on the Georgian side it'd help the milsim factor.

Would everyone who is interested in this event please post what side they would like to play on so we can get an idea of numbers. We are really looking at a minimum of 25 players needed to make these scenarios work well.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    All these scenarios will be played on the day. The timelimits for each one should allow them to be completed and fit in a 30 minute lunch break if we get started no later then 11:00.

From my experience in organising events of various types, dont ever rely on an exact schedule being adhered to. Might be best to only plan on doing 2 of the 3 scenarios rather than trying to fit in all 3 on a tight schedule.

Either way, I hopefully might actually make it out for this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If it's a mil sim skirmish how come the Russian side can have 45/48 round mags, the 47/74 mags are the same capacity as the SANTAGs?

Sounds like a good set up overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

count me in

And o nthe shortest day of the year too, best pack my torch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I'm in for this one,

Don't have a preference for which team.

No russian camo, but I do have an AK or two lying about the place.

• Advertisement

If it's a mil sim skirmish how come the Russian side can have 45/48 round mags, the 47/74 mags are the same capacity as the SANTAGs?

5.45_izhmash_mag.jpg

In real steel, there are 45 round ak74 mags, they are used in 5.45mm rpk's rather than 75 or 100 round drum for the 7.62mm model.

Its the long mag in the image.

They are 40 round 7.62X39mm and 45 round 5.45X39mm AK mags, they were designed for the RPK and RPK74 to replace the drum mag which was prone to jamming, they are quite often used in AK's too. There are also 60 round quad stacked mags for 5.45mm but no midcap version of these has been made yet.

You're right KD, things usually don't go quite to plan. With a bit of luck we'll get all three in though. The last scenario can be halved to 1 hour if needed.

5.45_izhmash_mag.jpg

In real steel, there are 45 round ak74 mags, they are used in 5.45mm rpk's rather than 75 or 100 round drum for the 7.62mm model.

Its the long mag in the image.

You're to quick for me Sam :D

You're to quick for me Sam :D

I'm layed up sick, what else have I to do? :D

Ruining aegs etc. as we speak with fibreglass nonsense.

Also note my use of imagery, gets the message across well.

Now if only I tried this hard at college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Site-Ops

Not missing this one...... Good work Paul and Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Site-Ops wrote: »
    Not missing this one...... Good work Paul and Co.

:):):):)

Gatling wrote: »
    :):):):)

Are Marine Recon up for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Site-Ops wrote: »
    Are Marine Recon up for this one?

official team day out followed by either food or beer:D:D:D:D:D

Gatling wrote: »
    official team day out followed by either food or beer:D:D:D:D:D

Need to talk with you lads any way..... Have a mate who can print team T-Shirts..... Will talk with you all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

oh im not missing this:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

ill be ther count most of if not all recom in paul

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Highly unlikely I'll be able to make this, which is a shame because it sounds fantastic! Right down to the ammo restrictions for MGs.

Curses to having too much crap to get done :(

just had a real detailed look through scenario ( i should be studying) but that looks fantastic.

Well done to the dogs for setting up a fantastic scenario, and for paul for hosting it, I'm sure it will be a fantastic day.

But as has happend with previous days of milsim, can everyone make sure they know the rules, make a print out and bring it with them on the day. Any questions you have, ask now, as those running it are always present on boards.

It would be great to have delays at a minimal, of course players will turn up that dont use boards, but if everyone here attending is up on rules and scenarios, it makes the time explaining to non boards players that much quicker.

I'm extremely excited, the game scenarios sound fantastic, each part of the site looks like it will be utilised well.

The question I have is, is multicam relevant for this scenario? I assume it isnt, but to keep it realistic, i have full black, full od, flecktarn and multicam available to me.

My armory consists of m16a3 and g36c.. I'm not that well informed on russian or gergion forces. afaik , from a previous post above, g36 seems to have been used by the Georgies, but what camo load out would be relevant to the side?

Either your M16 or G36 would be fine, both were used by the Georgian army.

Georgian troops used Russian camo but also were using Marpat as they had only a while before received training from U.S. Marines. Multicam and the like would be fine too, I don't see that compromising the Milsim feel at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Either your M16 or G36 would be fine, both were used by the Georgian army.

Georgian troops used Russian camo but also were using Marpat as they had only a while before received training from U.S. Marines. Multicam and the like would be fine too, I don't see that compromising the Milsim feel at all.

Not saying I can make it for certain but would Danish m84be alright?

If you don't have whats been mentioned just come as you are. If needed we'll use coloured armbands for sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

If multicam is fine, then I should be along with the g36. Probably bringing a mate, same guy as the last milsim.

ill remember gloves :p

hes a sound bloke..have him bring a polearm to strike fear into people :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

If you don't have whats been mentioned just come as you are. If needed we'll use coloured armbands for sides.

About damn time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I only have British DPM, but more importantly, are there going to be ammo restrictions regarding M203 'nades, claymores, hand grenades and other assorted goodies?

Advertisement