Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Milsim Game, The 5 Day War. Sunday 21 of December

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

You can put my name down for this....:)

Team Preference : Georgian

I do have a quick question for those who don't have low-caps & mid-caps...I am assuming they will be given the equivalent ammo for a single hi-cap magazine?

Sci-ops
    Marine 1st Recon

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

I'd definetly go,have to check if able to get a lift but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Another day out missed due to work. I will have to get out a couple of days over the hols to make up for waht I have missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

sci-ops wrote: »
    I do have a quick question for those who don't have low-caps & mid-caps...I am assuming they will be given the equivalent ammo for a single hi-cap magazine?

Cant see that working tbh.

The whole idea is 30 rounds useable per mag, I wont be bringing 10 mids for example, my russian vest holds 8 and I'll live with having 2 less mags.

Its up to Fiach though.

Having too many compromises in my opinion will stop it being milsim at all.

And one high cap with 300 rounds is going too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

the guys in multicam on the georgian side can be us special forces that were supposedly fighting with georgian special forces in south ossetia.........allegedly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

What happens if you dont have many shiny gear and are stuck with a Viper tac vest (black), a scruffy Brit DPM top and plain black trousers with old DM boots :D.Sure fine at The Warehouse... Which ill be planning to play in.
    But for this MilSim,ill look a little out of place.
    Unless i get some nice ACU in Army Bargains...?:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

delta-boy wrote: »
    What happens if you dont have many shiny gear and are stuck with a Viper tac vest (black), a scruffy Brit DPM top and plain black trousers with old DM boots :D.Sure fine at The Warehouse... Which ill be planning to play in.
    But for this MilSim,ill look a little out of place.
    Unless i get some nice ACU in Army Bargains...?:cool:

the thing about having british dpm gear is, russia actually have a dpm used by some troops that is almost identical to the brits:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

diceman x2 ..............georgian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Looks ike I'll be getting out to this alright.

can I ask, the restriction on box mags for machine guns (2).

Can we carry the box mags in addition to a loadout of 10 mags or are machinegunners limited to just their two boxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

should be able to make this.

Russian I shall be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I just took delivery of a box of 10 Real Cap AK mags, I'm starting to get excited about this milsim business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'll be there and I have no real preferance on which side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

i can start this at any time, if poeple would like to put up a time, please if every one that is playing, print off the game play and rule, so we wont have mix up's on the day.

в благодарю всех, которые приходят.
    Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

hrta wrote: »
    i can start this at any time, if poeple would like to put up a time, please if every one that is playing, print off the game play and rule, so we wont have mix up's on the day.

в благодарю всех, которые приходят.
    Paul.

You speak russian? what does it mean:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i think its something along the lines of 'thanking people' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Regarding high-caps, they may be used but only to carry the provisional 30 rounds per mag. Loading a single high-cap with 300 rounds will defeat the milsim purpose too much. Maybe some people attending could bring some spare high-caps to lend to anyone who is short.

To answer your question Hivemind, I assume you are talking about using STANAG's in an M249? This is allowed but only in the capacity of the 400 round support gunner limit. So you could have 1 box mag and 6-7 STANAG's. You can split the load between you and another team member acting as your number 2, i.e. each carrying 1 box mag and 6-7 STANAG's each which would allow you to switch loads depending on the situation.

A few more people have been asking about using camo or AEG's that don't fit the scenario. As I said before just bring what you have in that regard if you have nothing else available. Some place holders will have to be used anyway, I'll be using an M60EO4 as there are currently no commercial Russian machineguns on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

So Fiach, are we splitting up by camo type, or are we using armbands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Dont forget with high caps, you'll need about 50-60 BBs in there to get 30 out of the mag, there's normally about 20 left behind in the mag that no amount of winding will get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    Regarding high-caps, they may be used but only to carry the provisional 30 rounds per mag. Loading a single high-cap with 300 rounds will defeat the milsim purpose too much. Maybe some people attending could bring some spare high-caps to lend to anyone who is short.

While I have enough mid-caps for myself, I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people who have yet to take the plunge with mid-caps. As an alternative, can I suggest for hi-caps, if they have 2 or more, then break down the equivalent amount of ammo...eg : 2 hi-caps = 150 rnds per mag, 3 = 100 rnds. Bearing in mind Kd's comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Site-Ops

I agree with sci-Ops, obviously because I only have high caps. If the game is limited to 300 rounds then it is unlikely that I or any other gamer is going to open up even with a full high cap as their days gaming would essentially be finished.
    I do understand that for gaming purposes it would be nice to have games load and unload mags but this does not work well with high cap mags as per KDs comments. If this was a strict gaming rule then does that mean that any gamer not in uniform cannot play? or carrying the correct AEG cannot play? After all it is a game and a sport and it would be only fair to let high cap players load out 2 x 150 BB mags or equivilant dont you agree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    Some place holders will have to be used anyway, I'll be using an M60EO4 as there are currently no commercial Russian machineguns on the market.

Bit of an aside point to the topic at hand; I thought there were a couple of RPK conversion kits available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Since only a couple of weeks notice have been given for this event and a number of people only have high-caps available they I will allow them for this game carrying the 300 round load. Being the first time these scenarios will be played there may be some kinks to work out so I'll lower the restrictions this time.

There are quite a number of RPK kits Lemming, I have an RPK I built myself. However the RPK isn't a machine gun, it's a squad automatic rifle. It doesn't have a quick detach barrel and isn't designed for sustained fire. Not much difference when it comes to airsoft I know but from a milsim point of view it applies.

Site-Ops wrote: »
    I agree with sci-Ops, obviously because I only have high caps. If the game is limited to 300 rounds then it is unlikely that I or any other gamer is going to open up even with a full high cap as their days gaming would essentially be finished.
    I do understand that for gaming purposes it would be nice to have games load and unload mags but this does not work well with high cap mags as per KDs comments. If this was a strict gaming rule then does that mean that any gamer not in uniform cannot play? or carrying the correct AEG cannot play? After all it is a game and a sport and it would be only fair to let high cap players load out 2 x 150 BB mags or equivilant dont you agree?

I think poeple are missing the point of airsoft, the bone's of airsoft is milsim, thats how airsoft took of so big in the frist place, it's called realasm,
    sorry site-ops, but there is no hi-caps in a milsim game, never has been, thats why it's called milsim, and i have tryed to use them in game's and they dont work, as they will mis feeds, and it's not fare on poeple that have mid/lo-caps in the game, it's not like mid/lo-caps cant be got, all the shops sell them in ireland.

paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭kalkor

I think poeple are missing the point of airsoft, the bone's of airsoft is milsim, thats how airsoft took of so big in the frist place, it's called realasm,
    sorry site-ops, but there is no hi-caps in a milsim game, never has been, thats why it's called milsim, and i have tryed to use them in game's and they dont work, as they will mis feeds, and it's not fare on poeple that have mid/lo-caps in the game, it's not like mid/lo-caps cant be got, all the shops sell them in ireland.

paul.

Nice to see mid-caps enforced for this:)

any chance of banning hi-cap[s altogether:D

paul.

Fair comment Paul and I understand the idea of Milsim. However with such short notice on the event and given the time of year particularly in my situation with 3 young kids and a teenager who dont want Airsoft accessories for Christmas, I cannot afford to go out and purchase mid-caps until some time in the new year.
    It is fine and thanks Fiach for the possibility of a once off but as paul is the site owner I dont want to be drawn into a war of words..... I will not attend the Milsim and maybe if there is another one in the new year and have managed to purchase mid caps I will be there.

Jay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

paul.

Deadly :D

I was starting to feel a bit cheated, having gone to the bother of getting a load of lowcap mags especially for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah I would be seriously dissapointed to see ki caps here.

Milsim is a totally different monster to skirmishing, and if your like me you prefer milsim. Midcaps add the realism that is required.

To site ops, I might have some m4 midcaps lying around if you REALLY want to go.

And anyone who uses midcaps, generally has a ton spare. Because they are dirt cheap to buy.

Looking foward to this big time. Next year I hope to see more milsim events going around the country, cause it is just so superior to skirmishing in every way in my opinion :)

Roll on sunday

Yeah I would be seriously dissapointed to see ki caps here.

Milsim is a totally different monster to skirmishing, and if your like me you prefer milsim. Midcaps add the realism that is required.

To site ops, I might have some m4 midcaps lying around if you REALLY want to go.

And anyone who uses midcaps, generally has a ton spare. Because they are dirt cheap to buy.

Looking foward to this big time. Next year I hope to see more milsim events going around the country, cause it is just so superior to skirmishing in every way in my opinion :)

Roll on sunday

Thanks for the M4 offer Doc..... but its G36 and AK47 I use. Its fine rules are rules and Christmas is expensive

Site-Ops wrote: »
    Fair comment Paul and I understand the idea of Milsim. However with such short notice on the event and given the time of year particularly in my situation with 3 young kids and a teenager who dont want Airsoft accessories for Christmas, I cannot afford to go out and purchase mid-caps until some time in the new year.
    It is fine and thanks Fiach for the possibility of a once off but as paul is the site owner I dont want to be drawn into a war of words..... I will not attend the Milsim and maybe if there is another one in the new year and have managed to purchase mid caps I will be there.

Jay.

i think i have some g36 mid caps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭kalkor

second that:)

Advertisement