Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost the only key to my 96 Nissan Almera!! What can i do?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

As the title suggests i've lost my bloody keys to my 96 almera, lucky enough i have another car that i can drive for the moment.

I have a Spare key for the almera but that only opens the doors it won't start the engine.

Is there anyway that i can get the key replaced?
    I only had one key!! Will there be a issue getting another key because of the age of the car.

Any Suggestions?

Help really need!!

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

the code for the key is hidden behind the glove box. but you will need a decent locksmith to be able to interpret it

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

So what happens when i get this code?

Do i bring it to a Nissan Garage and get a new key?

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Theres a chip in the key so you may just have to get the spare key reprogrammed

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Theres a chip in the key so you may just have to get the spare key reprogrammed

The spare key is just like a house key (Metal) it wasn't like the key i used to start the car with, looks like i need a new key. Do you think Nissan could replace it with a new re programmed key?

Thanks
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

They should be able but it won't be cheap.

It needs the chip or you'll start the car then the immobiliser will kick in and turn it off again.

You're looking at €50+ based on my experience although I had 1 working key for them to duplicate so it might me more again. Think the dealer was looking for €70 IIRC.

• Advertisement

Yeah was thinking i could get a key of the dealer, don't mind paying 70 euro for it.

Thanks for all the replies

ROb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

This happened to me recently (I have a Volvo) and I had to order a key from the garage. (I had no key whatsoever). It was bloody expensive... I had to get them [Volvo Dealer] to order me a key and then have the car brought to their garage so they could sync up the new key with the immobiliser, which involved new software (so I was told).

Ended up costing me €326 :eek: - It's probably cheaper for an Almera but don't be surprised if it's pricey.

This happened to me recently (I have a Volvo) and I had to order a key from the garage. (I had no key whatsoever). It was bloody expensive... I had to get them [Volvo Dealer] to order me a key and then have the car brought to their garage so they could sync up the new key with the immobiliser, which involved new software (so I was told).

Ended up costing me €326 :eek: - It's probably cheaper for an Almera but don't be surprised if it's pricey.

Just been onto EP Mooney on the nass road. They said the same thing, they will have to bring the car in and re programe it. The fella said 150-200 euro for the job. Didn't want to pay this much seen as that the almera is just sitting outside the door and only used the odd time.

Anyone know of somewhere else that would be cheaper?

Thanks for the replies

Rob

Advertisement