Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indian takeaways!

Options
  • 08-12-2008 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

okay being a brit i love my curry, and i was bummed out when i first went out here and i couldnt get a curry after a night out.

but im still having trouble finding a indian takeaway to order from home, thats open till late... about 12:00-1:00am maybe?

anyone know a good one that is relatively cheap too. i already found a very nice cheap chinese takeaway..... golden mountain.

now i just need to find a decent indian takeaway just like it. for say about 7-9 euros per curry.

oh and please dont suggest that place which does all types of food in one menu thing, the pricey one which is also ****.

thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I'd also be interested!
    I guess you could always order it before you go out and heat it up in the oven when you get back. It's probably what they're doing in the restaurant anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

I know that Kashmir for example will sometimes on busy nights make up a basic curry sauce in advance but all other ingredients will only be added as orders are received so fresh would be much preferable, though I am not aware of any places that takes orders after 11pm.Thanks for sorting out my dinner for tonight though. Have a craving now after reading your thread. Can't beat a good spicey curry particularly after a weekend of excess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Baxtards! Ye've made me hungry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Haldi in Headford road does lovely curries.

ALthough my girlfriend got one there a few days ago which wasnt' cooked properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 grime

well the golden mountain does food until 12:30 am which is ace, but i would like an indian option too :)

and when i mean curry i dont mean just curry sauce + meat. id like the selection biriani, balti, dansak, massala and all that shizzle :) gonna nose around for one, ill post back if i ever find one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

OK so I decided to go healthy, went out, bought some chicken and Lloyd Grossman Balti Curry Sauce... now.... rice or chips.... hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

grime wrote: »
    well the golden mountain does food until 12:30 am which is ace,

Where's the Golden Mountain? I know about the rickshaw in Mary St, not this other one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

JustMary wrote: »
    Where's the Golden Mountain? I know about the rickshaw in Mary St, not this other one though.

Tirellan Heights

Advertisement