Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did your exams go?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Linear Models - bit of a toughie
    3 down 3 to go

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Had Operating Systems 2 today, paper was almost the same as last year's one, but annoyingly enough on a question I knew well I blanked a bit. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

When do we get results does anyone know?

I'm in first year.

If I fail anything I'm going back to work!

*thanks Michela*

Spatial Information Systems - paper has barely changed in 5 years. Woot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Datastrucures was ok. Stacks came up which was nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I f*cking hate exams where you have to memorise and write code by hand!

Therefore DS&AI = sh*t.

Dave! wrote: »

Therefore DS&AI = sh*t.
    Agreed... anything which involves memorising pseudocode can go die in a fire. That said, I didn't hate Data Structures in 2nd year, or AI in 3rd year, it's just that style of exam that's annoying.

That's just one of the many reasons why the thought of my AI For Games And Puzzles exam on Tuesday is making me **** bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Therefore DS&AI = sh*t.

Remember DSAII last year? They have to be rectangles, not circles,squares or any other shape. Your objects always have to be rectangles or you get no marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Agreed... anything which involves memorising pseudocode can go die in a fire. That said, I didn't hate Data Structures in 2nd year, or AI in 3rd year, it's just that style of exam that's annoying.

That's just one of the many reasons why the thought of my AI For Games And Puzzles exam on Tuesday is making me **** bricks.
    Ditto. Been happy enough so far with OS and Spatial, but with Machine Learning and Game AI coming up it'll be a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Algorithms and Data structures was reasonable and looked alot nicer than previous years.

Databases tomorrow should be nice and rosy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had my exam today on Genocide & the International Community. It went better than I expected although I struggled with the second part as I was running short on time. I reckon I made a decent go of the first question though. I just hope I don't fail it.

Only the one exam left now for next Friday. Then I can spend Christmas with Football Manager. :cool:

Had my exam today on Genocide & the International Community.

That sounds like a very interesting subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

dyl10 wrote: »
    Databases tomorrow should be nice and rosy :)

Hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That sounds like a very interesting subject!

It is one of the more interesting ones. A lot of politics modules tend to be mind-numbingly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only the one exam left now for next Friday. Then I can spend Christmas with Football Manager. :cool:

Next Thursday for me and the plan is the same:D

Had Sociological Theory 2 today. Throughout the module, I definitely thought it'd be a tough exam, due to the coordinator of the module, even if he is a good lecturer, he just seemed the sort who would set a tough exam. So past papers were fairly useless in the end. But in saying that, my first question on the culture industry went very very well, but my Gramsci and domination question fell apart halfway through when it became clear I was bluffing a bit.

One question in it was 'Explain the use of Freudian psychoanalysis in the Frankfurt School in a discussion of Marcuse's critique of neo-Freudianism?'. My mouth just dropped.

Mushy wrote: »
    Next Thursday for me and the plan is the same:D

Friday for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Rancho

6 exams...5 for 100% and one for 80%... I thought it was hilarious laughing at people who had to do assignments during the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Last exam tomorrow morning at 0900. Lets hope this all-nighter proves worth it! ... If I can stay awake :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Had my exam today on Genocide & the International Community. It went better than I expected although I struggled with the second part as I was running short on time. I reckon I made a decent go of the first question though. I just hope I don't fail it.
    It was the other way round for me, did a good second question but the first one wasn't the best at all. There was just way too much stuff to cover to know everything really well imo.

Also had Integration, fragmentation and the global system. That went well, the stuff I covered in detail all came up so I'm pretty happy with that. 3 down, 3 to go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getting worse

Intermediate Economics terrible paper, I was studying entirely different topics, based on lecturer's "hints" sshe was obiviously trying to lead us down the wrong path.

I feel completely dejected and want to give up and I have four more exams to sit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RIP-sanity

Had the historical novel in italy yesterday at 9am,
    not terrible,
    not great.
    But out lecturer was there at half 8, drinking coffee and chatting to us about anything but exams,
    and she stayed for the entire exam, just in case.

Deirde O'Grady = Absolute sweetheart.

Program Construction I went really well! Considering I did not understand ANYTHING on the course until about 3 weeks ago, I'm quite happy. Quite confident that I did enough to pass. Moderately confident that I did enough to get a C. There's a slight chance that I got a B though :)

Next up... Foundations of Computing! :eek: *kills self*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Maths for Engineers IV at 9 this morning. The exam was OK, I suppose, but I wasn't. Far too many fiddly little procedures that I've tried hard, but failed, to memorise. It's one of those subjects where a tiny misstep can completely derail the solution, leaving you struggling, and it all seems ultimately pointless from an Engineering perspective. I think that anyone who can remember all the geeky details under exam conditions should be in Mathematics, rather than Engineering. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Databases and Information systems was probably the most boring paper I've ever sat. Finished in 50 minutes.
    The paper itself was fine, although Michela deviated from some of the common questions a bit more this year, than previous years...

Databases and Information systems was probably the most boring paper I've ever sat.
    Michela doesn't exactly do interesting stuff. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Done 3 exams after today so halfway there! 2 law, 1 philosophy done, 2 philosophy, 1 law to do.
    Finish Thurs at 8 (Logic). The collection of random beers is growing for the festivities. At the moment; Cobra; Biere Special; Budweiser; Some Swedish Cider (NOT Koperberg); A Belgian brew that comes in a plastic screw cap bottle (In Tesco), Vitamin H and of course, Dutch Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

irish literature went ok I think, hope what I wrote was actually relevant, not just words to fill space....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Program Construction I went really well! Considering I did not understand ANYTHING on the course until about 3 weeks ago, I'm quite happy. Quite confident that I did enough to pass. Moderately confident that I did enough to get a C. There's a slight chance that I got a B though :)

Next up... Foundations of Computing! :eek: *kills self*
    Foundations of Computing *horrible memories*
    Good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Waltons wrote: »
    Foundations of Computing *horrible memories*
    Good luck...

Bad for you, worse for us. We have Joe.

• Advertisement

Bad for you, worse for us. We have Joe.
    Yeah, have fun with that. Franz was way too Germanic to have at 9am twice a week (hence me only turning up to 3 lectures) - but if you went to the tutorials it was fine.

Was thoroughly glad to see the back of that course. :mad:

Advertisement