Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did your exams go?

Options

Comments

Advanced MicroEconomics a good laugh today...

think each question (do 3/5) had already been done, at length in lectures...

happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Advanced MicroEconomics a good laugh today...

think each question (do 3/5) had already been done, at length in lectures...

happy days
    Still Devereux? Loved that course

Sarah Parlane...

New this year. Very mad but somewhat entertaining lecturer...

Can't say I made many of her lectures, due to an oul timetabling error with my tutorials, had to miss one (of two) a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

Bad for you, worse for us. We have Joe.

I share your pain, he is a terrible lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Just back from Politics of Terrorism, went very well - no surprises plus it was only an hour exam too which was a relief after the last few days. Only 2 more 1 hour exams left and then it's holidays!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Just back from Machine Learning, caused quite a frenzy of study last night... Paper was ok, similiar enough to previous years, but still hard to tell how it went

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ditto with the frenzied studying - I did Clustering, Ensembles and Feature Selection, hoping it went well but would agree that it's very hard to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Actuarial Maths and Vector Spaces today...hard hard hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

2 done so far. Endocrine diseases: went very well I think, despite them emphasising thyroid cancer all semester and then giving thyroiditis as the compulsory question.

Respiratory diseases: this should have been fine, except that I somehow managed to diagnose a pulmonary embolism as pneumonia, spent 3 pages writing about it, probably killed my hypothetical patient and threw away 22% in 15 minutes in the process. Otherwise good :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭McNuggy

Anybody else do this exam today ?
    just wondering what people thought of the paper..
    i assumed it'd be much harder than it was.. questions were almost identical to last year... savage!! noticed almost half the class leaving after the first hour tho... :eek:.
    just wondering what people thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

After 6 exams in 8 days, I had the last one first thing this morning: Applied Dynamics (MEEN20030), which I took as an elective. I botched the mid-term badly, mostly due to running out of time, so I took extra care with revising this subject. I think it paid off, and I was able to complete all four questions and get sensible results, though my methods might be a bit long-winded and non-standard.

And, that's it until late January, so I plan to celebrate a bit. There may be a drink or two involved, but I'm mostly looking forward to reading a book or two: something frivolous and totally unrelated to study.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

bnt wrote: »
    And, that's it until late January, so I plan to celebrate a bit. There may be a drink or two involved, but I'm mostly looking forward to reading a book or two: something frivolous and totally unrelated to study.
    I hate you bnt... :pac:

CNS Diseases (anyone seeing a recurring pattern with the names of my modules?) was lovely, again the compulsory question was a bit weird (I reckon this must have been decided at some meeting amongst all the module coordinators) but after Saturday's incident I was well prepared for such an event. I'm still alive and so is the hypothetical exam patient. Maybe I can go be a neurosurgeon now :p

2 to go, one tomorrow that I currently know nothing for (why am I on Boards instead of studying?) and one on Thursday that I fortunately revised half of in the aftermath of Saturday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 OmarChase

So how goes your preparation for the upcoming exams?
    I only have three thankfully.

Maybe you can post here how it went or something.

Good luck everyone in your exams.:)
    baaaaadly.....

FINISHED! *\o/*

Now to get thoroughly inebriated later.

At least I never have to look at AI For Games And Puzzles again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

2 to go; Ethics and Logic; wed and thur.

Then it is off to the Porterhouse to get Frugied! What a delicious beer. 2 more nights until I can feel its refreshing strawberry taste massaging my insides whilst simultaneously relaxing every muscle in my body in blissful intoxication!

Then it's mince mince pies and Fifa 09 on my new PS3 for the month of Christmas. Ah gluttony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just could not be any more f*cked for Foundations of Computing tomorrow.......

Thankfully the exam is only worth 30%, so I'm hoping I can scrape by between that, the mid-term (20%) and all the assignments that I failed during the year :rolleyes:

*sigh*

Such a pile of sh*te class.

Can't wait to be through with this bollix so I can enjoy Christmas... and by Christmas I mean work...

F*ck I still haven't bought my presents.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

F*CK YOU UCDDDD¬¬¬¬¬¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Had 3rd year French, La Nouvelle vague today. My favourite module of the semester and the exam was pleasant enough too. Now only 2 left: Rome's Rise to Empire on Thursday (worst elective ever, why did I pick it??) and French language III a on Friday.....I don't think I've ever been more excited about finishing a set of exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I finished my last exam today. I bloody hate exams.

Lucky boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Then it is off to the Porterhouse to get Frugied! What a delicious beer. 2 more nights until I can feel its refreshing strawberry taste massaging my insides whilst simultaneously relaxing every muscle in my body in blissful intoxication!
    DO WANT.

• Advertisement

Had political sociology earlier, went a hell of a lot better than I thought it would. 1 left tomorrow and I'm done, now to motivate myself for some revision :(

Foundations of Computing went terrible... as was to be expected really.

Didn't do enough questions to pass, so.... I am not confident that I did pass :p

I'm just hopeful that after he figures out the class average, etc., he compensates us at least.

Shocking module

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Ethics ah what an exam!

Got so into it I devoured a booklet with my spurrings. 1 more to go! Paid a visit to Tesco off licence and identified the beer I will be drinking tomorrow rather like how a little child might identify the dog they want in a dog pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

Finished my exams yesterday, all 6 were easy enough but then again I'm just a first year:D

Financial Economics yesterday was ROUGH :(

Stochastic Models at 3 and then I'm doneski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

Just had an exam at 9 that went badly plus when i got back i found out i don't have my keys and got to wait till 5 to get into my apartment:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

shanegj wrote: »
    Just had an exam at 9 that went badly plus when i got back i found out i don't have my keys and got to wait till 5 to get into my apartment:mad:

Pub or library then. Your choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Last one tomorrow at nine...then it's off to attempt the Baggot Mile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

shanegj wrote: »
    same here Shane , hated it , you know where my place is if you want .

• Advertisement

Finished today with my elective in social policy; migration, ethnicity and social change. Went grand, now for the first time in about 7 weeks I've absolutely nothing college related to do. Except for going out tonight :)

Advertisement