Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Help

Options
  • 08-12-2008 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hey everyone
    Around where I live there are alot of feral cats, there is this one tom cat that has been sticking around my house all the time now, he's really friendly and loves being petted but if I leave the door open he will not come in the house, even if I dangle a piece of ham in front of him. He doesn't look great at the moment, has very weepy eyes, possibly cat flu, and his face doesn't look great, and he needs to be neuteured. I'm happy to keep feeding him and fix him up but I'd like to see him go to a good indoor home, but what are the chances of him getting used to living inside and how do I go about it? He is such a sweetie and would make a great companion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I'd say just keep at what you are doing. when he gets confidence he will eventually come inside your house.

At the moment, I have the opposite problem! A stray cat keeps coming into my house and making itself at home. Its v. funny but v. annoying also!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

i think he'll always be an outdoor cat esp since hes a tom and hes used to having his own territory and lands to patrol. it might be even a bit unfair to confine him to indoors.

a home though were hes neutered and fed on a daily basis is a different matter. perhaps with the choice of coming inside.

try get a lend of one of the cat traps at your local vets to catch him and neuter him. he should lose alot of his desire to roam and find mates onces hes neutered. it will also be an ideal time to tend to other problems (when hes knocked out).

good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

I wouldn't need a cattrap, he's ok with being held. Ya maybe if I just fix him up and let him roam away and feed him as he pleases that would be better.

Advertisement