Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

katy french in the sunday world

Options
  • 08-12-2008 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

anybody else sick of hearing about her for the last year? If she died in any other (non conaine related) way we wouldnt be seeing her every second week in the paper and her family could be left alone. Also, find it funny the way some of the tabloids try to blame her death mainly on the drug dealers, that is like baming publicans for all the alcholics in the country. Dont get me wrong, in not taking the side of the drug dealers!! not by a long shot, but they didnt force anything up her nose.

anway, rant over!!!

I think its time to take her off the frunt page and leave her family in peace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Im dreading the bull**** the taboids will be full of when either Pete Doherty or Amy Winehouse dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The amount of publicity her death got was massive! Whilst I like to read NEW stories once in a while, if this deters one person off cocaine, I'll be happy with it staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Her face sells papers.

And in these cash strapped days.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Was this thread posted before a while ago? Coulda sworn I've read the exact OP before :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Im dreading the bull**** the taboids will be full of when either Pete Doherty or Amy Winehouse dies.

It'll be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Chief--- wrote: »
    Her face sells papers.

And in these cash strapped days.....

+1 lets face it targets for the month still have to be met
    money ,money ,money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭omgiluvxmas

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Talentless bint dies through excessive consumption of a drug known to be quite dangerous and the country mourns.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe anyone held a gun to her head and forced her to snort cocaine.

She knew of the dangers involved and therefore deserves no sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

its nearly time for harvest!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

It really is a bit of a joke.

No follow up on the guys from Waterford. Who died from cocaine around the same time as KF.

Did they ever get the dealers who supplied it ?
    The fvckers who imported it ?
    Or the ones who cut it and distributed it ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

anybody else sick of hearing about her for the last year? If she died in any other (non conaine related) way we wouldnt be seeing her every second week in the paper and her family could be left alone.

I think its time to take her off the frunt page and leave her family in peace

I'm lost. If you're sick of hearing about her, if you think it's stupid there is so much talk of her death and that her family should be left to mourne in peace then why did you start this thread? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

starn wrote: »
    It really is a bit of a joke.

No follow up on the guys from Waterford. Who died from cocaine around the same time as KF.

They are still dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Aye, several other people died at the same time, what about them?

Oh wait, they were common, never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I think it's quite right that they should take every oppertunity to mention her death in the papers.

Anything that reminds us that there is one less model in the world is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Everything about the whole thing is rotten to the core with the papers.

Nobody killed her.
    Leave her family alone.
    All the latest retard columnists that are saying how great she was, you didn't know her you clown.
    "Socialites" aren't friends.
    Nobody cares who wasn't invited to the ceremony, its the families choice.
    And no ducie you didn't think she just had too much to drink when she was coked off her nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Stop reading shayte newspapers and you'll notice less and less k french stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Stop reading shayte newspapers and you'll notice less and less k french stories.

You try having a ****e with no newspaper to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

anybody else sick of hearing about her for the last year?
    Haven't heard much about her for the last year - just all the coverage around the time she died.
    If she died in any other (non conaine related) way we wouldnt be seeing her every second week in the paper
    Just the Sindo, which should be boycotted anyway. Although if she had died in any other way, I don't think it would make a difference. She was still a model, still a "socialite", still young...

She doesn't feature on front pages either - that's inaccurate.
    Terry wrote: »
    The sorrow is for her relatives and friends and the fact she was so young. I doubt she expected to die suddenly due to cocaine consumption - that very, very rarely happens.

Dudess wrote: »
    The sorrow is for her relatives and friends and the fact she was so young. I doubt she expected to die suddenly due to cocaine consumption - that very, very rarely happens.

Is it ****.

It's an opportunity for Glenda Eyebrows and the Deburgh bint to get a few column inches as they tell us of their sorrow at her loss and how they miss her and how they would never do cocaine.

Also, apart from suicidal people, nobody expects to die suddenly from an overdose. Most people doing that crap are too arrogant to believe it will ever happen to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Absolutely stunning girl who died very prematurely and tragically. She had the potential to be ireland's top model. I'd like to see the credentials of all the people calling her talentless. Are all of you super talented? She lived a large portion of your life in the public eye and it's very understandable for her death to receive some much attention, even a year later.

some people make the point that the family just want her to rest in peace but based on my own experience of dealing with tragic deaths, people don't want the person forgotten about or to become taboo, I wouldn't be surprised if her family are "grateful" she has not been forgotten,

If someone I knew died from suicide/drug overdose/death by misadventure I hate it if people forgot about them or were reluctant ot talk about their life due to the way they died.

I have a lot of sympathy for KF's family and friends and if rehashing this story in the glossy magazines raises awareness about the dangers of drug use that's a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I love the way the drug dealers are scum...yet if she wasn't a druggie she wouldn't of died

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Terry wrote: »
    Talentless bint dies through excessive consumption of a drug known to be quite dangerous and the country mourns.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe anyone held a gun to her head and forced her to snort cocaine.

+ eleventy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Absolutely stunning girl who died very prematurely and tragically. She had the potential to be ireland's top model. I'd like to see the credentials of all the people calling her talentless. Are all of you super talented? She lived a large portion of your life in the public eye and it's very understandable for her death to receive some much attention, even a year later.

some people make the point that the family just want her to rest in peace but based on my own experience of dealing with tragic deaths, people don't want the person forgotten about or to become taboo, I wouldn't be surprised if her family are "grateful" she has not been forgotten,

If someone I knew died from suicide/drug overdose/death by misadventure I hate it if people forgot about them or were reluctant ot talk about their life due to the way they died.

I have a lot of sympathy for KF's family and friends and if rehashing this story in the glossy magazines raises awareness about the dangers of drug use that's a good thing.

Where the f*ck is the talent in being a model? You're either born one or you're not. You make me laugh my friend. Thank you :)

Haha! Sure models are just pretty girls. Anyone could do it. I make you laugh, people like you on this website make me cry. Seriously., seriously sad.

Beauty: Not a talent.
    Posing: Not a talent.
    Batting your eyelids: Not a talent.
    Falling out of a nightclub: Not a talent.
    Holding a brand named product in your hand: Not a talent.
    Shovelling cocaine up your nose: Not a talent.

spoken like a typical fat angry git

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

There was me thinking that the junkie shoved whatever up her own nose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

She surely was Ireland's QUEEN OF HEARTS. I think we should all kill ourselves in tribute to her. All those people who die in car crashes deserve to be forgotten, but not our Katy, whose ability to wear a tiny skirt and get access to all the hottest launches and showbiz bashes can never be forgotten. Compared to her, those whining Holocaust victims are scum, pathetic scum. Those people massacred in Mumbai recently, how many times were they on the cover of the Sunday Independent Life Magazine? ZERO TIMES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

spoken like a typical fat angry git

Go read your own bloody sig and stop picking silly fights. You didn't refute anything he said and I don't see how you can maintain that she was "talented" or that we're unable to pass comment on her talent since we're not models. I can tell if a flipping car is any use and I'm not a ferrari.

what say you, sir!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement