Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

katy french in the sunday world

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

passive wrote: »
    Go read your own f*cking sig and stop picking stupid fights. You didn't refute anything he said and I don't see how you can maintain that she was "talented" or that we're unable to pass comment on her talent since we're not models. I can tell if a f*cking car is any use and I'm not a ferrari.
    Calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

spoken like a typical fat angry git

What?
    Terry is not one of those .
    Moderately speaking , Terry, is *careful now

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

meh, when you lie down with dogs, expect fleas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hands up if you didn't know who she was and then when you found out realised that you didn't care.

/raises hand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

its interesting that murder victims got less column inches than katy frenchs death.remember the man shot dead recently because he looked like the killers target,that got something like three days print time.and the katy french thing is still going.the big difference is she had a choice to snort cocaine,with cocaine (however rare) there is a chance lethal chemicals were used in the mixing of it.everybody knows this,especially users

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

/raises hand (and middle finger)

Tago Mago wrote: »
    She surely was Ireland's QUEEN OF HEARTS. I think we should all kill ourselves in tribute to her. All those people who die in car crashes deserve to be forgotten, but not our Katy, whose ability to wear a tiny skirt and get access to all the hottest launches and showbiz bashes can never be forgotten. Compared to her, those whining Holocaust victims are scum, pathetic scum. Those people massacred in Mumbai recently, how many times were they on the cover of the Sunday Independent Life Magazine? ZERO TIMES

You sir, are a bonafide ledgebag.

meh, when you lie down with dogs, expect fleas

lt annoys me when " Celebrities, die from an overdose "
    l don't care if they were pretty , or if they had a wonderful future ahead of them , all they do is glamorise
    the world of drugs.
    l would put a bet on the fact that Katie did not look at all
    glamorous when she was found.
    lt is a pity that "those pictures" are not the ones splashed across the front of the papers.

/raises hand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

l don't care if they were pretty , or if they had a wonderful future ahead of them , all they do is glamorise
    the world of drugs.

I have to disagree with you here. I can't see how saying some famous person dies using drugs makes people think drugs are cool or would make them more likely to try them. I'd say it would do the exact opposite. Most stories about famous people using drugs don't glamourise drugs seeing as most seem to lose whatever contracts they had once the story breaks(except musicians).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Terry wrote: »
    She knew of the dangers involved and therefore deserves no sympathy.

If thats the criteria there's a huge % of people who dont deserve any sympathy when they die.

I always find it comical how people whinge about how a celebraty is always on the tv/newsparer, it's because it sells papers thats why. I'd say the majority of people in this thread having a moan about how they hate seeing her in the papers are the ones who make a bee-line straight to the news stand and when they see her face on the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Didn't she actually ingest the coke in her stomach? Read that it was wrapped in tinfoil or something like that and swallowed..that way the high is even more potent..
    Some Drugs advisor even said that if ppl were to take cocaine, at least snort it and none of the other crap.

Besides..I'm waiting eagerly for kate moss/peter doherty( i fcukin hate the fcuking cvnt) and Amy Winehouse to all kick the bucket.
    Only problem is years later I'll be still reading about those gimps in the paper just like katy..
    Yes it's sad that she died..but it was her fault and no one elses.
    And why wasn't that fat **** Dulcie charged with impersonating police with his blue siren for the car..I see that fell by the wayside.

i dont think she deserves no sympathy,anybody dieing is sh*te,its the papers spending so long on it and acting that the person who sold it to her killed her.while people,murder victims for example,have no hand in their own death and might get front page for a day and a couple more inside and thats it.cant blame katy french for the papers spending a ridiculous amount of time on her death,the sunday world is just a terrible paper

pinder wrote: »
    i dont think she deserves no sympathy,anybody dieing is sh*te,its the papers spending so long on it and acting that the person who sold it to her killed her.while people,murder victims for example,have no hand in their own death and might get front page for a day and a couple more inside and thats it.cant blame katy french for the papers spending a ridiculous amount of time on her death,the sunday world is just a terrible paper

Punctuation FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Absolutely stunning girl.

Ehhhhh.....no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

anybody else sick of hearing about her for the last year?

Obviously so sick of her, that you start a thread so everyone will talk about her again

m83 wrote: »
    Punctuation FTW.
    i dont know what ftw means,ill assume its good :D

pinder wrote: »
    i dont know what ftw means,ill assume its good :D

Amazing, so you didn't understand any aspect of his post.

the world of drugs.
    l would put a bet on the fact that Katie did not look at all
    glamorous when she was found.
    lt is a pity that "those pictures" are not the ones splashed across the front of the papers.
    I have to disagree with you here. I can't see how saying some famous person dies using drugs makes people think drugs are cool or would make them more likely to try them. I'd say it would do the exact opposite. Most stories about famous people using drugs don't glamourise drugs seeing as most seem to lose whatever contracts they had once the story breaks(except musicians).

What l meant was , there are thousands of people that
    die from a drugs overdose , and if they are not famous
    we don't hear anything about them.
    The fact that there are fan's of "celebritys" out there who
    follow that persons every move ( and also know of their habits )and think " well he/or she is well cool, look at them ,they take drugs and they are alright.
    Up until that celebrity dies because of their habit , the fans will think it is cool.
    So for some , when the story breaks they might not be around to see it because they followed that persons way of life thinking it was ok because their idol glamorised it in the first place.:)

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    Amazing, so you didn't understand any aspect of his post.

well einstein howd you figure that one out?was it that there were only two parts,one of which i didnt understand :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I actually had a rant on this today to my good ladyfriend, who sat and nodded while I got more and more into my tirade. Then, when I thought I was going to start hitting things I calmed myself down. Felt like the hulk for a moment.

Talent? Are some people here taking the píss? Comparing this idiot to Winehouse is like comparing dog shít to a diamond. She had zero talent. Zero! Apart from being mildly attractive, which in my books is not a a talent.

How about all the other fúckers that die of this shít all the time? Why aren't they on the front page? Bullshít.

Must calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What l meant was , there are thousands of people that
    die from a drugs overdose , and if they are not famous
    we don't hear anything about them.
    The fact that there are fan's of "celebritys" out there who
    follow that persons every move ( and also know of their habits )and think " well he/or she is well cool, look at them ,they take drugs and they are alright.
    Up until that celebrity dies because of their habit , the fans will think it is cool.
    So for some , when the story breaks they might not be around to see it because they followed that persons way of life thinking it was ok because their idol glamorised it in the first place.:)

You dont honestly believe any of that do you?

:pac:

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    Talent? Are some people here taking the píss? Comparing this idiot to Winehouse is like comparing dog shít to a diamond. She had zero talent. Zero! Apart from being mildly attractive, which in my books is not a a talent.

Wait.. Imitating a pterodactyl makes one a diamond?

You dont honestly believe any of that do you?

:pac:

Yes.:confused:
    l wouldn't have posted it otherwise.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Anyone see in the top right hand side of the two page spread there was a picture of Katy stepping out of a car and the caption read something like 'crueltabloids pointed out models' cellulite'

Gas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Is it ****.

It's an opportunity for Glenda Eyebrows and the Deburgh bint to get a few column inches as they tell us of their sorrow at her loss and how they miss her and how they would never do cocaine.
    Her death is, yes. There is genuine sadness though because she was young, because most people who do cocaine on a night out don't die suddenly, because it's agony for her family.
    I'm not talking about all the Sindo coverage, which I also think is vile, I'm talking about the fact there's sorrow surrounding her death. It's not unreasonable for there to be sorrow. No, there's no need for some muppet on the street to be crying over her but I'm not talking about that - I'm talking about her family and friends being sad... some people here are even implying THAT'S unreasonable.
    Also, apart from suicidal people, nobody expects to die suddenly from an overdose. Most people doing that crap are too arrogant to believe it will ever happen to them.
    Nah, they're just having a bit of fun. Occasional dabbling won't kill you, one night on coke won't usually kill you.
    Absolutely stunning girl who died very prematurely and tragically. She had the potential to be ireland's top model. I'd like to see the credentials of all the people calling her talentless. Are all of you super talented?
    Irrelevant. She wasn't particularly talented, and people here have every right to say they believe she isn't talented, irrespective of whether they are or not.
    Beauty: Not a talent.
    Posing: Not a talent.
    Batting your eyelids: Not a talent.
    Agreed.
    Falling out of a nightclub: Not a talent.
    Holding a brand named product in your hand: Not a talent.
    Shovelling cocaine up your nose: Not a talent.
    I doubt anyone's saying those are talents...
    Tago Mago wrote: »
    She surely was Ireland's QUEEN OF HEARTS. I think we should all kill ourselves in tribute to her. All those people who die in car crashes deserve to be forgotten, but not our Katy, whose ability to wear a tiny skirt and get access to all the hottest launches and showbiz bashes can never be forgotten. Compared to her, those whining Holocaust victims are scum, pathetic scum. Those people massacred in Mumbai recently, how many times were they on the cover of the Sunday Independent Life Magazine? ZERO TIMES
    She got lots of coverage because she's well known in certain circles here - that's just a reality of life. You're recognisable, you'll get more focus on you. But really, it's only the ghastly Sindo. Just boycott it.
    Most stories about famous people using drugs don't glamourise drugs seeing as most seem to lose whatever contracts they had once the story breaks(except musicians).
    ... and Kate Moss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Talentless bint dies through excessive consumption of a drug known to be quite dangerous and the country mourns.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe anyone held a gun to her head and forced her to snort cocaine.

She knew of the dangers involved and therefore deserves no sympathy.
    Totally agree with ya. She was a head wreckes alive and even worse dead. Why isnt every other cocaine death in the paper all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'd say it would do the exact opposite. Most stories about famous people using drugs don't glamourise drugs seeing as most seem to lose whatever contracts they had once the story breaks(except musicians).
    The whole "people losing their contracts after getting caught doing drugs" thing tends to be done very selectively.

If the person in question is at the top of their profession and is something of a money tree then you will find that they will receive all the help they can get and will be sent off to rehab for a couple of weeks before being gradually brought back into the frame over the subsequent months. "We're doing all we can to help X get through this horrible crippling addiction. They have our full support"

If you're a bit of a has been whose best years are behind you then it's generally "You're fired, don't let the door hit you on the way out, you dirty drug sniffing deviant"

In boards terms, Terry would get the full backing of the admins if he were to have an "episode" due to excessive alcohol intake whereas somebody like Mordeth would be left to rot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

she reminds me of Richard Hammond

they both got fcuked on Top Gear....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement