Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

katy french in the sunday world

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Never seen as much thanking go on in a thread in all my time here:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You know what, I wouldn't mind reading about her - seriously I wouldn't.. IF

Her parents done her and her death a bigger justice by coming out publically and say to all those stupid bastards dabbling in drugs...

''LOOK, it KILLED our daughter. It KILLED a beautiful young lady and it WILL kill YOU too", but no. Her equally stupid fvcking sister tried making getting tabloid milage out of the story, her mother stuck her nose in too (no pub intended of course - OK maybe a tiny bit) and tried to have us believe it was some kind of tragic natural death.

It WASN'T a natural death Mr & Mrs French, your daughter died a junkie's death. Now do society a favour and use her death to show cocaine kills young, beautiful middle class people too.

I'm sick of this charade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Tomthepost wrote: »
    Never seen as much thanking go on in a thread in all my time here:D

It's because we're all just overcome with good feeling when we remember how good Katy made us all feel about ourselves and how any insurmountable problems we had were put in perspective when she passed on.

We lived our lives vicariously through her and her constant battle to be in the centre of the red carpet was an inspiration to us all. Unhappy with how her warnings and statements about drug use were being treated, in her role as self appointed cocaine watchdog, she felt she must take the drastic step of fatally overdosing, knowing that finally she could be the role model she wanted to be.

That strength of character and determination to succeed showed us all.

God bless you Katy, God called you home because he couldn't bear for you to be away any longer. :(

Dinter wrote: »
    It's because we're all just overcome with good feeling when we remember how good Katy made us all feel about ourselves and how any insurmountable problems we had were put in perspective when she passed on.

We lived our lives vicariously through her and her constant battle to be in the centre of the red carpet was an inspiration to us all. Unhappy with how her warnings and statements about drug use were being treated, in her role as self appointed cocaine watchdog, she felt she must take the drastic step of fatally overdosing, knowing that finally she could be the role model she wanted to be.

That strength of character and determination to succeed showed us all.

God bless you Katy, God called you home because he couldn't bear for you to be away any longer. :(

Who's WE Tonto, I never heard of the stupid cow until she snuffed it.

Mairt wrote: »
    Who's WE Tonto, I never heard of the stupid cow until she snuffed it.

It's natural to have blocked out those joyful times reading about her mere existence gave to you Mairt.

Now though it's time to grieve. Let it all out big man. She would want you to live your own life and stop pretending this tragedy didn't occur.

• Advertisement

It's natural to have blocked out those joyful times reading about her mere existence gave to you Mairt.

Now though it's time to grieve. Let it all out big man. She would want you to live your own life and stop pretending this tragedy didn't occur.

Ah, I get you know. Your thinnly disguised sarcasm went straight over my head, sorry 'bout that gov'nor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

You know what, I wouldn't mind reading about her - seriously I wouldn't.. IF

Her parents done her and her death a bigger justice by coming out publically and say to all those stupid bastards dabbling in drugs...

''LOOK, it KILLED our daughter. It KILLED a beautiful young lady and it WILL kill YOU too", but no. Her equally stupid fvcking sister tried making getting tabloid milage out of the story, her mother stuck her nose in too (no pub intended of course - OK maybe a tiny bit) and tried to have us believe it was some kind of tragic natural death.

It WASN'T a natural death Mr & Mrs French, your daughter died a junkie's death. Now do society a favour and use her death to show cocaine kills young, beautiful middle class people too.

I'm sick of this charade.

Then you will love the news that Mother is setting up a Memorial Website to her daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

katyfrench.bebo.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Dragan wrote: »
    Then you will love the news that Mother is setting up a Memorial Website to her daughter.

Ah sweet Jesus. I hope they include interactive content that allows you to determine the exact amount of coke she inhaled to snuff herself, Family Guy-esque I'd imagine...

One line...you're ok
    Another line...you're doin fine
    Another line...oh, oh, crap you're dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Im dreading the bull**** the taboids will be full of when either Pete Doherty or Amy Winehouse dies.
    But that's the thing isint it ? they make the news for all the wrong reasons so tabloids can sell millions writing about the boring existince of these people and yet if we are really honest do we really care ?

• Advertisement

But if it addresses the cause of her daughters death, and her mother tries to go some way to address the image of cocaine abuse in this country, then fine.

But if its to blow more smoke up her dead daughter arse, then **** it - complete waste of time IMO.

Anyone remember Leah Betts death in the UK?. While she was on life support her parents invited the media into ICU to highlight the growing problem of XTC in the UK.

Ok, it didn't stop the problem - but I bet it stopped a few people in their tracks and made them think.

Katy French, what a complete waste of a beautiful life.

Terry wrote: »
    katyfrench.bebo.com?

Nope, it's gonna be a dedicated .com with an archive of all her photo's, writing and assorted video's.

I can only assume that no mention will be made of positive post mortum tests for cocaine.

Anyone remember Leah Betts death in the UK?. While she was on life support her parents invited the media into ICU to highlight the growing problem of XTC in the UK.

XTC didn't kill Leah Bets, misinformation and scare tactics killed her.

She drank enough water to die from it.....that had **** all to do with what she was taking, other than the fact that she had been told countless times by people who had no ****ing notion what they were talking about that MDMA causes dehydration and "will kill you".

Guess what, it won't.

It's gives you energy, makes you move, that causes you to dehydrate. It will up your temp a small bit which will also lead to you drinking a bit more water. Not ploughing it into you till you kidneys fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea, she seems to be on all the junk redtops lately.

talk about flogging a dead horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Nope, it's gonna be a dedicated .com with an archive of all her photo's, writing and assorted video's.

I can only assume that no mention will be made of positive post mortum tests for cocaine.

So it'll essentially be an ode to a beautiful, talented young girl tragically cut down in the prime of life.

Ignoring the fact that she was a party-whore who courted controversy throughout her (short) career, and was only ever famous (relatively speaking) for being famous. A person who contributed nothing to society other than openly wallowing in her glitzy empty life of self-indulgence and social irresponsibility.

Makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

As much as the anniversary coverage gets up my nose (yuck yuck), I don't read the red tops so I can't say I've been swamped with it. The only exposure I've had to it was seeing the cover of a tabloid in a shop and here on Boards.

javaboy wrote: »
    As much as the anniversary coverage gets up my nose (yuck yuck), I don't read the red tops so I can't say I've been swamped with it. The only exposure I've had to it was seeing the cover of a tabloid in a shop and here on Boards.

Yeah but that's the point really. I mean people do read red tops whether or not you or I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Smart Bug wrote: »
    So it'll essentially be an ode to a beautiful, talented young girl tragically cut down in the prime of life.

Ignoring the fact that she was a party-whore who courted controversy throughout her (short) career, and was only ever famous (relatively speaking) for being famous. A person who contributed nothing to society other than openly wallowing in her glitzy empty life of self-indulgence and social irresponsibility.

Makes me sick.
    And there are plenty more out there like her to ...

Smart Bug wrote: »

Makes me sick.

Scorsese's being talked about as a possible director with Scarlett Johansson as the woman herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

If Kathy French was ugly, we would have never have heard about her. So what, she died of a coke overdose. At about the same time two young lads in waterford dead at a party of a coke od and there was many more ill. The rumor mill was the coke was wet so they snorted more to get a better buzz. And that the coke came from the shipment that was caught off west cork. It was supposed to be incinerated but made its way out on the streets. To me this is much more of an interesting story because it shows the corruption in our society. There are no pretty ole dolls in that story however, so we are stuck with the KF story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Yes the media are still harping on about KF, I wish they would shup up. Everyone knows what kind of lowend papers print stories about her, don't buy them - problem sovled.

But I think a lot of people on this thread are being overly nasty/critical towards her and her family.

Yeah but that's the point really. I mean people do read red tops whether or not you or I do!

Yeah but I find it really hard to summon up too much indignation or outrage over it. The way I see it Katy French courted tabloid attention during her life so would be happy enough getting it in death. Her family have clearly subscribed to the media circus too. Her friends have tried to get their 15 minutes out of it. A large amount of the tabloid readership obviously likes reading about her as evidenced by the spike in sales around her death. And finally the rags themselves don't mind writing about her.

None of it really affects me so I find it difficult to get worked up over. The only people I can understand being outraged are those who buy the tabloids for the sports coverage alone who feel a little dirty in contributing indirectly to the ongoing feeding frenzy. And Terry who buys the Sun for the TV guide.

Much and all as I like Scorsese does he have the ability to bring the gritty, hard bitten, tough as nails, riches to riches story of a privileged woman leading a privileged life amidst the constant barrage of paparazzi and parties her agent arranged?

I think only Robert De niro could adequately play the part of Katy French. His dour acting style could truly highlight the immense barriers she overcame in her quest to be in newspapers. It could be called "Raging Bullshit"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

javaboy wrote: »
    Yeah but I find it really hard to summon up too much indignation or outrage over it. The way I see it Katy French courted tabloid attention during her life so would be happy enough getting it in death. Her family have clearly subscribed to the media circus too. Her friends have tried to get their 15 minutes out of it. A large amount of the tabloid readership obviously likes reading about her as evidenced by the spike in sales around her death. And finally the rags themselves don't mind writing about her.

None of it really affects me so I find it difficult to get worked up over. The only people I can understand being outraged are those who buy the tabloids for the sports coverage alone who feel a little dirty in contributing indirectly to the ongoing feeding frenzy.
    /Slowly raises hand.

I buy the sun every Saturday for the TV guide.
    She was on the front page for the past two Saturdays.

Terry wrote: »
    /Slowly raises hand.

I buy the sun every Saturday for the TV guide.
    She was on the front page for the past two Saturdays.

Fair enough. Post edited.

Mmm, free loader here - I get complimentary papers in work Javaboy.

But it still pisses me off (I'm off on a rant again), the attitude that the middle classes aren't touched by the drug scourge in this country.

Just because your not buying your drugs in Ballymun, Butt Bridge, Merchants Quay etc doesn't mean your not the same kind of filthy junkie - your just hidding it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Dont buy the paper then OP - Id rather read the phonebook than read the sunday world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

Dont buy the paper then OP - Id rather read the phonebook than read the sunday world...

I think you'll find she gets a mention there too! Somewhere around "F"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Relevant wrote:
    I think you'll find she gets a mention there too! Somewhere around "F"
    Not in this years one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

XTC didn't kill Leah Bets, misinformation and scare tactics killed her.

She drank enough water to die from it.....that had **** all to do with what she was taking, other than the fact that she had been told countless times by people who had no ****ing notion what they were talking about that MDMA causes dehydration and "will kill you".

Guess what, it won't.

It's gives you energy, makes you move, that causes you to dehydrate. It will up your temp a small bit which will also lead to you drinking a bit more water. Not ploughing it into you till you kidneys fail.

thats just nitpicking and semantics. if that girl hadnt taken E she wouldn't have drank such quantities of water and subsequently died.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement