Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

katy french in the sunday world

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mrspinkbunny

look i`m not mourning nor should anyone who didn`t know her but her family are so have a bit of respect! your comment really only has the effect of me thinking less of you than of her. and no i`m not a cock head i don`t drink or do drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

So wait.... the Vicar of Dibley is dead? :eek:

Seanybiker your guy had testicular cancer survived and had a wonderful second chance at life and he blew it how is it you can feel sorry for someone that through there experiences was more educated (i have been sick so i know you learn alot about life) than that girl god know what she would learn or how much she would have changed if she`d grown up a bit we all do silly things when we`re young and think we`re immortal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Dragan wrote: »
    LoL, all you people talking about "your man in Limerick" and "that plumber".

You say their deaths were just as important yet you can't even remember their names.

You remember Katy's though. Do the ****ing math.

no, thats because "your man in Limerick" and "that plumber" were only in the news for a few days, unlike Katy. For the record, a random guy gets murdered, a woman dies of an overdose. Who would you rather catch first? the murderer or the drug dealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

no, thats because "your man in Limerick" and "that plumber" were only in the news for a few days, unlike Katy. For the record, a random guy gets murdered, a woman dies of an overdose. Who would you rather catch first? the murderer or the drug dealer?
    she sells newspapers - I wonder how much the photographers collect for picture reprints

I think the plumber and limerick guys deaths are worse because they were totally innocent.

She took cocaine and knew the risks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Can I just say something? Anyone who thinks that drug takers deserve to die deserve to contract cancer and then get raped by a bear.

The point of this thread is "Why should I care about someone who died when I don't know them?" rather than "I'm glad the bitch is dead."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It is really annoying seeing all the covergae of it, but it's not like Katy French is putting herself in the papers from beyond the grave. The tabloids will throw in anything that they think will sell.
    As for French herself, I always thought she came across well in interviews and stuff - she seemed like a nice down-to-earth girl. But what she did was extremely stupid and she was responsible for her own death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

snyper wrote: »
    Yea, she seems to be on all the junk redtops lately.

talk about flogging a dead horse.

"Im not really katy french, im a horse, but im not really a horse, im a broom"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Seanybiker your guy had testicular cancer survived and had a wonderful second chance at life and he blew it how is it you can feel sorry for someone that through there experiences was more educated (i have been sick so i know you learn alot about life) than that girl god know what she would learn or how much she would have changed if she`d grown up a bit we all do silly things when we`re young and think we`re immortal.
    I put him in same both as her.
    Two plonkers to be honest.she was a head wrecker . Just because she was a "famous" irish model(wtf there no such thing lol). Why should she get all coverage and sympathy and everyone else be named a scumbag.

who`s getting named as scumbags?
    are they scumbags thou? did they have more education than her were they older?
    some of the upper class scum are far worst to my mind than some uneducated counsel estate dwellers don`t you think?
    which demographic of society takes the most cocaine?
    people who`ve had a chance in life should surely be respecting that opportunity more than those who`ve gone without?
    maybe the recession is karma - i hope they`re all to poor to buy cocaine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

sam34 wrote: »
    thats just nitpicking and semantics.
    Hardly, considering her death is one of the tiny, tiny, barely there percentage of deaths from ecstasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It is really annoying seeing all the covergae of it, but it's not like Katy French is putting herself in the papers from beyond the grave. The tabloids will throw in anything that they think will sell.
    As for French herself, I always thought she came across well in interviews and stuff - she seemed like a nice down-to-earth girl. But what she did was extremely stupid and she was responsible for her own death.

yes, but you have to remember that that was quite obviously a front.

didn't she get on the Tubridy show a few weeks before her death and say how bad coke was and that she would never do it again.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thats just nitpicking and semantics. if that girl hadnt taken E she wouldn't have drank such quantities of water and subsequently died.

what a daft statement.

that's like saying, "if Jim hadn't been out drinking, he wouldn't have been hungry and choked on a burger he bought after the pub, and died, therefore alcohol caused Jim's death".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

Terry wrote: »
    Talentless bint dies through excessive consumption of a drug known to be quite dangerous and the country mourns.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe anyone held a gun to her head and forced her to snort cocaine.

She knew of the dangers involved and therefore deserves no sympathy.
    god you are all heart......... mr or miss perfect are you???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

futura123 wrote: »
    god you are all heart......... mr or miss perfect are you???
    Not by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

what a daft statement.

that's like saying, "if Jim hadn't been out drinking, he wouldn't have been hungry and choked on a burger he bought after the pub, and died, therefore alcohol caused Jim's death".

okaaaay, so do you think then that water and water only was the cause of leah betts' death? and that it was not related to E? moral of that story: don't drink water, water can kill you.
    E was a contributing factor/cause in that girl's death. to claim otherwise is ridiculous.

with regard to your example above, yes i do think alcohol could be cited as a factor in Jim's death- if he hadn't been so intoxicated he might have had better reflexes and therefore may not have died.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

M Y L I T T L E P I E B A L D
    When Katy French died last year, various showbiz lowlives did their best to portray themselves as her closest friend. At the head of the pack was Paul Martin of the Irish Daily Mirror, a big-nosed Brit with a Peter Mark haircut.

"Last night Ireland lost one of its most beautiful young stars - and I lost a good friend," began his touching eulogy the day after her demise. "I'll miss the long conversations we enjoyed about everything from love and family to music and gossip."

Proving he was a true pal, Martin wrote that "our chats certainly didn't make the pages of this newspaper because they were a genuine heart-to-heart from one friend to another."

However with French's anniversary coming up this Saturday and every paper desperate for Katy-related exclusives, things seem to have changed somewhat. Last weekend, Martin (billed as "the journalist who knew Katy best") revealed the following:
    • "Tragic model Katy French had THREE lovers during her final weeks." Apparently, Katy "confessed all about her tangled love life days efore she passed away."
    • At one point, he says, "Katy called me in a distressed state... It was a Sunday morning and she sounded like she had been up all night. She told me sheepishly: 'I slept with Marcus [Sweeney, her ex-fiancee] yesterday, I'm really annoyed at myself. Why did I have to go back to him? I'm an idiot.'"
    • And another night "Katy French told me something I found deeply troubling... 'I took lots of coke.' She continued: "'You know the best sex I ever had was on coke.'"
    Martin – who last year berated "dubious characters in her circle of friends who were all too happy to feed off her success" – then went on to write thousands of words about the private life of his close friend, doubtless winning him a nice Christmas bonus from his grateful employers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

didn't she get on the Tubridy show a few weeks before her death and say .... that she would never do it again.
    :rolleyes:
    yes -and she was never on tubridy again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Apologies if mentioned before, ( 11 pages to read and i'm a lazy bastard)
    Tragic as her death was, she took drugs so she is responsible for her own death and what really annoys me, i remember reading about 2 guys in Waterford who died from drugs the same week, they didn't get a mention in the media this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Im so glad to have found this thread..

Im sick of hearing about this 'tragedy'

It was not a tragedy? I just dont get all the fuss its pathetic..

So glad to find others of the same opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Smart Bug wrote: »
    Anyone interested in nominating her for a Darwin Award?

I dunno, reading through this thread she'd have some tough competition to beat off to win it.

Mairt wrote: »
    Just because your not buying your drugs in Ballymun, Butt Bridge, Merchants Quay etc doesn't mean your not the same kind of filthy junkie - your just hidding it better.

Eh, we also dont rob, mug, or beg too pay for our drugs either thank you very much so we arent excactly the same as them.

Still though props to the AH people. A 12 page thread about people hating to hear about Katy French etc etc. And people here wonder why she still gets coverage in the media?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

Kold wrote: »
    Hands up if you didn't know who she was and then when you found out realised that you didn't care.

/raises hand

That's me.

The issue I have with the coverage of her life/death from the date she died until now is that I never even heard of her before she died and I have yet to see a single article (Kevin Myers excepted) that doesn't address her death as a tragedy.

She did drugs and died as a direct result of that, her death is not a good thing but it is also no more of a tragedy than any other persons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

I can't think a more boring subject. Don't do drugs kids, you'll end up like Katy French. An overprivileged cokehead media whore stuffing drugs into your face and boring a country to death even after you're dead (no offence to the girl personally, she had a family and a right to live her life, I'm just taking the piss out of the public side).

You have media people criticising this guy Ducie and accusing him of exploiting the media yet their paper reports on his everyday movements and his social life and what he eats for breakfast. They also run stories about the girl on as many occasions as they can get away with without it becoming totally obvious that they're milking a dead girl for all she's worth. The whole episode is shameful. From a young girl dying of drugs to the hype and the post-mortem industry which has sprung up around her. These social diaries and her so called friends in the media should stop boring us to death with the endless rehashed tribute columns. Hypocrites. Nobody ****ing cares. Let the girl rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

12 pages lads?
    C'mon, quit beatin' the dead horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

Galvasean wrote: »
    12 pages lads?
    C'mon, quit beatin' the dead horse.

The hypocrisy and media coverage surrounding her death is a valid subject. Posts like yours add nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Jesus1222 wrote: »
    The hypocrisy and media coverage surrounding her death is a valid subject. Posts like yours add nothing.

Actually it makes a very valid point.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BrokenSpiral

While I feel sorry for her family, someone needs to ask the question "Why didn't any of them do anything about her lifestyle beforehand?"

Her family and friends have lost someone close to them but what have we, as a society, lost?

Answer: Nothing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Absolutely stunning girl who died very prematurely and tragically. She had the potential to be ireland's top model. I'd like to see the credentials of all the people calling her talentless. Are all of you super talented? She lived a large portion of your life in the public eye and it's very understandable for her death to receive some much attention, even a year later.

some people make the point that the family just want her to rest in peace but based on my own experience of dealing with tragic deaths, people don't want the person forgotten about or to become taboo, I wouldn't be surprised if her family are "grateful" she has not been forgotten,

If someone I knew died from suicide/drug overdose/death by misadventure I hate it if people forgot about them or were reluctant ot talk about their life due to the way they died.

I have a lot of sympathy for KF's family and friends and if rehashing this story in the glossy magazines raises awareness about the dangers of drug use that's a good thing.
    rose tinted rubbish.
    she shouldnt have even been admitted to hospital that night, and the bed and doctors time should have been reserved for someone with proper "honest injuries". our tax dollars pay for the customs officials and police to hunt down the dealers who supply the stuff and now you want our tax dollars to pay to revive her too. . she got her come uppance .she essentially was a criminal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

What is the name of the company your man Ducie's family owns?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

thats just nitpicking and semantics. if that girl hadnt taken E she wouldn't have drank such quantities of water and subsequently died.

What? Did i actually read that right?

Nitpicking? The cause of death was water intoxication. Leah Betts took ONE XTC tablet and proceeded to drink enough water to kill herself.

Do you not realise that had she been told the truth about XTC, instead of a scare tactice to try and get to people to not take the drug, that she would still be alive?

Or is that small fact lost on you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement