Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

katy french in the sunday world

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Davei141 wrote: »
    Well as long as you have "seen it".

Opposed to someone who hasn't?
    People with emotional issues are more prone to a harder come down, so they take it again to come back up or soften the downer. Its habit forming and if you choose to get through the downer you wont get addicted.

My point still stands.
    yeah but you had to get in "a few poor nights of judgement on the beer". I have been locked and smoked some cigarettes while locked, nicotine the most addictive substance known to man and i have never craved it. You talk like bang a few lines and somebody is hooked for life.

Not once did I state that someone "bangs a few lines" and is hooked for life. But you are underestimating the addictive nature of drugs and are unwilling to address the reality that different people are effected in different ways. Aside from physical addiction, there is mental addiction - Let's make it clear which we are talking about before we go any further.
    Thats life, look around you everywhere is taking advantage of something for some money.

Right, so you're quick to condemn a girl for taking cocaine - But give those who provide it and ruin lives a free pass? Lovely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

chops1990 wrote: »
    Christ almighty I'm sick of hearing about this one. She was a model who snorted bad coke. She wasnt a ****ing saint, she didnt solve any world problems. IMO she was simply a cokehead, it seems to me she is being idolized by RTE. Does this mean its ok to snort coke?

In all fairness- its TV3 who are idolising her- not RTE (well, not to the same extent......)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

smccarrick wrote: »
    In all fairness- its TV3 who are idolising her- not RTE (well, not to the same extent......)
    well, tv3 is just a tabloid channel anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Katy French = Rain Forest rapist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

the papers are trying to make out that she was Irelands own Princess Diana (nw that WAS tragic)

but she was!!!

GIV HUR BACK!!!

• Advertisement

but she was!!!

GIV HUR BACK!!!
    how exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

how exactly?

dig her up and attach her to a car battery , get one last dance out of her ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

dlofnep wrote: »
    Opposed to someone who hasn't?

As opposed to experiencing it.

Not once did I state that someone "bangs a few lines" and is hooked for life. But you are underestimating the addictive nature of drugs and are unwilling to address the reality that different people are effected in different ways. Aside from physical addiction, there is mental addiction - Let's make it clear which we are talking about before we go any further.

Oh i agree completely. If you ABUSE anything you can slip into that spiral, and that goes for a lot more than just illegal stuff. Everything can be mentally addictive.

Right, so you're quick to condemn a girl for taking cocaine - But give those who provide it and ruin lives a free pass? Lovely.

Where did i condemn her? Im just against the whole dealers held her down and forced her to snort it train of thought. She died tragically, is it anybody fault? Not in my opinion.

S.I.R wrote: »

Oooohhhh!!!! Necrophilia......

S.I.R wrote: »
    no, i mean how was she Irelands princess diana, Diana was an enormous public figure, she was a royal who became a humanitarian and was killed tragically by a combination of the press and drink driving
    KF was a relativley unknown model who od'd on cocaine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

dlofnep wrote: »
    The media is right though - the people responsible for bringing cocaine and the likes into our country should be held responsible. Drugs are highly addictive, and all it takes is a night of curiosity to become addicted.

The problem is the quality of the coke. She wouldn't have died if it was good tack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

if my brother died from coke etc, id hang his corpse on grafton street for all to see. i cannot highlight enough how much i hate drugs

if my brother died from coke etc, id hang his corpse on grafton street for all to see. i cannot highlight enough how much i hate drugs

well if i was your brother i'd be hoovering it up my nose.

Illegal drugs you mean? [/troll]

no, i mean how was she Irelands princess diana, Diana was an enormous public figure, she was a royal who became a humanitarian and was killed tragically by a combination of the press and drink driving
    KF was a relativley unknown model who od'd on cocaine.

Well she fits right into the venerable irish tradition of half-arsedly knocking out a cheap and ill-planned copy of anything that's doing well in the UK as soon as the UK get bored with it...

The UK produces Take That - we come up with Boyzone

The UK produces Big Brother - we come up with Hell's Kitchen

The UK produces Diana - we come out with Katy French

Besides, i wept and sobbed for days after i heard the lord had so cruelly snatched her away - are you trying to invalidate my grief?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

well it should be invalidated.diana dieing was about as much a blip on my radar as katy french.the rediculous thing was nobody knew diana,and youd see people crying as if they lost someone important to them,the whole crying for people you dont know even the slightest really pisses me off

Hell's Kitchen was Irish?

Kold wrote: »
    Hell's Kitchen was Irish?

or whatever that dreadful RTE thing with the celebrities and the food was

don't have a tv myself, been mercifully free of it for the past five years.

pinder wrote: »
    well it should be invalidated.diana dieing was about as much a blip on my radar as katy french.the rediculous thing was nobody knew diana,and youd see people crying as if they lost someone important to them,the whole crying for people you dont know even the slightest really pisses me off

i cried for diana too but that was different - i was crying because i felt sorry for the brits - sure they were only after losing their fairy-tale princess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

pinder wrote: »
    In fairness Diana was a lot more iconic than Katy French, and from what I've observed quite a few British seem to feel an odd sort of attachement to Royal Family members that you or I can't understand.

I do think the amount of page space that's being devoted to a relatively obscure celebrity is ridiculous though. The whole Katy French 'saga' has become yet another garbage filler story for a slow news day along with:

''Fat' Freddie Thompson goes for a walk.'
    ''Experts' say Product X causes cancer.'
    'Fatty food leads to obesity.'
    'Rosanna Davidson reveals...'

Abolute drivel.

• Advertisement

from what *i hear, the british were* sick of the royal family until she came along andkind of rejuvinated it

there, all better!

from what sick of the royal family until she came along andkind of rejuvinated it

:confused:
    What is the meaning of the above sentence?

smccarrick wrote: »
    :confused:
    What is the meaning of the above sentence?
    dont get it either

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Dragan wrote: »
    No, she died from drinking too much water because she had been told XTC would heavily dehydrate her, which is false. If she had been told "XTC will give you lots of energy and you'll dance a lot in a hot club, maybe have a drink of water every now and then", she would still be alive.

Yes well the sort of people who deal out these drugs don't tend to give the old doctor/chemist advice of "Always read the label".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Still no reason for misinformed scare tactics courtesy of the gutter press.
    Why? Because you've made the decision not to take them and you resent those who DO take them having fun which you're missing out on? And I say this as someone who has also made the decision not to use ecstasy/MDMA/cocaine. The only drug I dabble with is cannabis on an extremely rare basis.

What exactly is there to hate about them in small amounts?

And if your brother died because of drug use, you'd be some evil individual to the rest of your family to hang his corpse "on" Grafton Street for all to see.
    What if he drank himself to death? Would you do the same with his corpse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Thats one way, theres a few others but I let you figure them out:)

Dudess wrote: »
    Still no reason for misinformed scare tactics courtesy of the gutter press.

Why? Because you've made the decision not to take them and you resent those who DO take them having fun which you're missing out on? And I say this as someone who has also made the decision not to use ecstasy/MDMA/cocaine. The only drug I dabble with is cannabis on an extremely rare basis.

What exactly is there to hate about them in small amounts?

And if your brother died because of drug use, you'd be some evil individual to the rest of your family to hang his corpse "on" Grafton Street for all to see.
    What if he drank himself to death? Would you do the same with his corpse?
    no but there certainly would be no wreath from me at his funeral.also drink is legal. if he chose to put class "A" s in his mouth and died he would first and foremost be a criminal and secondly an idiot who chose to go down the wrong path.zero sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

D.R Adams wrote: »
    Yes well the sort of people who deal out these drugs don't tend to give the old doctor/chemist advice of "Always read the label".

LoL, the advice given to us all around that age did not come from dealers, it came from government leaflets, stupid ****ing lectures and general rubbish from people who actually had no clue about the effects of drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Anyway, do we know it was definitley Ducie who gave her the sta's?

• Advertisement

D.R Adams wrote: »
    Anyway, do we know it was definitley Ducie who gave her the sta's?
    if you throw enough **** some sticks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement