Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

katy french in the sunday world

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

D.R Adams wrote: »
    Anyway, do we know it was definitley Ducie who gave her the sta's?

There is no evidence implicating Ducie in any way.
    That's something the Gardaí are looking into.

He is innocent of all wrong doing until proven guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Terry wrote: »
    There is no evidence implicating Ducie in any way.
    That's something the Gardaí are looking into.

He is innocent of all wrong doing until proven guilty.

Ok Mr.Ducie, we believe you! Didn't know you were a boards fan!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Dudess wrote: »
    Still no reason for misinformed scare tactics courtesy of the gutter press.

Why? Because you've made the decision not to take them and you resent those who DO take them having fun which you're missing out on?
    The main problem the general public has about people doing illegal drugs is not the potential harm they're inflicting on themselves, or even the potential harm they're inflicting on society - it's just an unfounded sense of moral outrage that these people are taking these substances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

The only thing that gets on my wick about the Katy French thing is when people constantly refer to her as "a young girl".

She was 24 right??

My 12 year old sister is a "young girl", Katy French was a grown woman, as am I at 24 years of age.
    I know thats still young and we've only just begun to live our lives and blah blah blah hock spit but jesus if someone referred to me as a "young girl" i'd be right offended.
    Those two words together bug me.
    Young woman, or girl on it's own don't but together grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Growl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's about context though. To die at 24... well considering 70 is quite an early age to die nowadays, that's what makes her seem like a young girl. Hell, I heard a woman referring to her 40-year-old daughter who died of breast cancer as a young girl - and it didn't seem incorrect. To someone e.g. in their 50s, a 24-year-old female IS a young girl.
    no but there certainly would be no wreath from me at his funeral.also drink is legal.
    So what if it's legal? Would you not push the "criminal" stuff to the side in the case of your own brother?
    if he chose to put class "A" s in his mouth and died he would... be an idiot who chose to go down the wrong path.
    Same if he started drinking too much...
    Pace2008 wrote: »
    The main problem the general public has about people doing illegal drugs is not the potential harm they're inflicting on themselves, or even the potential harm they're inflicting on society - it's just an unfounded sense of moral outrage that these people are taking these substances.
    Exactly. A resentment of people having fun, and an inability to think for themselves and instead let the media do the thinking for them, and using examples like Janis Joplin to highlight the problem with drugs rather than just THINKING for a minute to consider the millions of recreational drug users who engage in narcotic usage now and again for fun and don't develop a habit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Personally I don't give a crap what people do in the privacy of their own homes as long as it doesn't impact on other people.

However I dislike seeing a blatantly orchestrated campaign to somehow sanctify a person who died from a self induced overdose because that person is younger or prettier than other people who's families find themselves in the same situation as hers.

To hear of the family cashing in and setting up "commemorative" websites and feeding newstrash publications "exclusives" to try leech off their dead daughter's fame and eke out their fortune that little bit more makes me throw up a little.

Sure why stop there? Exhume her. Her hair will probably be worth a few quid and farmers love bonemeal for fertilizer. Sure that coffin that's slowly mouldering could be rejigged as a coffee table and sold on Ebay.

Fukin parasites the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Exactly. A resentment of people having fun, and an inability to think for themselves and instead let the media do the thinking for them, and using examples like Janis Joplin to highlight the problem with drugs rather than just THINKING for a minute to consider the millions of recreational drug users who engage in narcotic usage now and again for fun and don't develop a habit.

The irony that i find is that anti drugs crowd, the vehemently anti-drugs crowds, will happily label all users of any illegal substance as morons, wasters, idiots, scum etc.

I have seen it said by a few people here, who upon meeting me and despite my open nature about my own drug use, have shook my hand and smiled.

I can only assume they are giving me a pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

do we know where she is buried?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I have no sympathy for Katy French because she's dead and can't receive anything not to mind sympathy. Maybe she comprehended the dangers of swallying cocaine and maybe she didn't, either way, she was still an adult with choices.

I have sympathy for her family because they lost one of their members suddenly and that's a very sh/t buzz (speaking from experience)

I also have sympathy for her family as they'll prob never get over their anger and sadness with her for fooking up so royally, and let's face it she did.

It's horrendous that the press won't let this story go, I'd be more tolerant if they were using her case to address the drugs issue in Ireland but I don't think they are, it's just to sell copies and to tug on heart strings.

She wasn't murdered, it wasn't a case of wrong place wrong time or mistaken identity, she died and that's it.

snyper wrote: »

Enniskerry

• Advertisement

In co. Wicklow somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Before she died she was considered a joke by the media. After she died you'd think it was Saint Katie that died.
    Now she was role model for us all. Even though she took more than her fair share of class a's

It's about context though. To die at 24... well considering 70 is quite an early age to die nowadays, that's what makes her seem like a young girl. Hell, I heard a woman referring to her 40-year-old daughter who died of breast cancer as a young girl - and it didn't seem incorrect. To someone e.g. in their 50s, a 24-year-old female IS a young girl.
    Not trying to speak for someone else, but I don't think that's what they were trying to get across.

My view of the stories bandied about by the rags is that they are playing up on the young person angle and trying to make out she was too you and/or naive to know better.

The fact is that any 24 year old knows how dangerous cocaine can be.

Up to her nostrils in Bibi Baskin.

Dragan wrote: »
    The irony that i find is that anti drugs crowd, the vehemently anti-drugs crowds, will happily label all users of any illegal substance as morons, wasters, idiots, scum etc.

I have seen it said by a few people here, who upon meeting me and despite my open nature about my own drug use, have shook my hand and smiled.

Or perhaps they are being polite.
    I'd shake your hand if I met you, regardless of your lifestyle choices, even if I disagree with some of them.

Or perhaps they are being polite.
    I'd shake your hand if I met you, regardless of your lifestyle choices, even if I disagree with some of them.

Why be polite to someone who you have already insulted by proxy a few dozen times though Terry?

At the very least have the strength of you convinctions. :D

For what it's worth, should we meet at a beers or something i will happily buy you a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

mud wrote: »
    I also have sympathy for her family as they'll prob never get over their anger and sadness with her for fooking up so royally, and let's face it she did.

So you reckon the fact that their feet have beaten a path to any trashy media sewer that'll regurgitate whatever "exclusives" they've managed to dig out of her diary, is all for some sort of cathartic ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Dinter wrote: »
    So you reckon the fact that their feet have beaten a path to any trashy media sewer that'll regurgitate whatever "exclusives" they've managed to dig out of her diary, is all for some sort of cathartic ends?

I have no knowledge or proof that her family have done this so can't comment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Why are they nice to you in person and nasty when there's a whole world wide web between you? Look at the forums you mod and post in and think about it. :D:pac:

Why be polite to someone who you have already insulted by proxy a few dozen times though Terry?

At the very least have the strength of you convinctions. :D

For what it's worth, should we meet at a beers or something i will happily buy you a pint.
    I was brought up to respect the choices of others.
    That doesn't mean I have to like those choices though.

I regularly call my friends idiots for taking controlled substances.

E, coke, heroin etc. are highly potent chemicals which are abused by the majority of those who use them.
    You might enjoy taking one, but the majority overdo it and cannot control themselves.
    This is why I call them idiots.

If you do buy me a beer, don't expect and yippers in return. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

the majority overdo it and cannot control themselves.
    Surely you mean the minority?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭calahans

Its a great thing to see an example of what is wrong with modern society fall. Famous for being famous. Going to clubs, taking drugs, pictures in papers ... yada, yada, yada.

The herd is stronger - survival of the fittest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

does anyone know if the Katy French inquest has happened, was it reported?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

JJJJNR wrote: »
    does anyone know if the Katy French inquest has happened, was it reported?
    ... or even if anyone cares?

me thinks not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I dont particularly care either, just a friend of mine passed away in his sleep around the same time as her and I'd like to know if her inquest has been called.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement